Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
I have been having problems with reception with my phone.. so I called and really complained..

Told them I have been having this problem for quite some time.. and it needs to be resolved.. or I will switch providers... I did this last night.. and the lady on the other end.. well... she wasn't happy, told me I am in a contract, and can't cancel. I said.. well.. if this problem doesn't get fixed.. I just won't pay my bill, I get half service.. I will pay half of my bill. She says.. if you do that, we will be forced to turn the phone off. I say.. fix my problems, send me a new phone, trouble shoot the problem, or give me some reasons, why it is happening...

well.. today.. I wake up.. and MY PHONE IS TURNED OFF!!!!! I can't make outgoing calls.. and I am sure.. I can't receive calls.. which means.. NEXTEL SUCKS.. Can they even do that? doesn't matter.. I am switching providers...

So.. if anyone wants to get ahold of me.. email me.. or PM me.. I will have a new phone soon..

John

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
John I had major problems with my phone no reception and nextel wouldn't help me, I went straight to the maker of the phone : Motorola, awesome people helped me sent me a new phone took a total of (2) days did a door to door service because i don't have a credit card but if u have a cc they send a new phone that days you might want to try calling them. 1800-453-0920 (motorola)

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
John-

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with your cellular provider. I do not have Nextel for one reason....The reception is terrible! I know that Nextel is great for its direct connect features but let me tell you everyone I know that has Nextel complains about their signal strength and calls dropped. When I went looking for service I really wanted Nextel but since everyone swayed form getting it I just went with a more simple soultion.

I use Cingular's GSM service and it is cool with me, I never have problems with it anywhere and I use this all across the country due to company travel. GSM is still building in the US but like everything in cellular serice there are pros and cons.

To be honest I do not think that there is one provider that offers the best of both worlds, but I think you will be able to find something that will meet the needs for you and your family depending on how many phones you need.

Good Luck!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
My I95 had crappy reception at my house but rarely ever cut out on me while talking... I've used it in Louisiana, Ohio, Inidiana, Iowa, signal strength wouldn't always be 100% but was enough for 2 way (which is what I use it for 90% of the time)

I've since upgraded to an I860 and reception is pretty good with it... still only 2 bars where i'm at, but I'm surrounded by tall trees ... but I can even get reception in the basement w/the new phone... before I would get 0 reception in teh basement due to ... well being a basement, and all the computer shit I have down there caused all kinds of interference

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
I just got a nextel for work.

Yesterday, I drove from Morris to Champaignand the to Springfield before going to Peru then home this AM. I am on my phone basically the whole time I'm in the car and have yet to drop a call on the back roads out in BFE. ITs weird I get good reception in the middle of nowhere.

My sprint pcs phone was horrible, I could be along an interstate and have no reception.

I've been amazed in the past month at my nextel and love it. Sorry to hear ya had problems.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
i pay 64.00 after taxes for 2 lines 900 anytime mins free nights and weekends and free mobile to mobile (US Cellular) of course the free mobile to mobile are only good with US Cell.

i rarely get dropped calls , and my phone is prehistoric .. signal is is pretty much good everywhere that i need it .

i personally am annoyed by people on their nextels .. its not the phone or the service its the people who use them rudely in restaurants and such ... i guess they are the Nike of the Cell phone buisness paying for the name .

dstout

Aug 2, 2008
Yes,.....Nextel sucks.

It's too bad that you're having problems with them, and that really sucks that she turned your phone off like that,....you must have made her really mad :angry:

Do you have much time left on this contract?

Well,.........If you decide not to pay them, they WILL screw you. Just remember,...you signed a contract, You can pay what you owe them + 200.00 ETF & be done with Nextel then get another service. If you don't pay now you will later.

Good Luck

OH, good job on fixing that refresh thing :D

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
I just upgraded my Cingular plan so I could get the lil lady a phone too. I got a pair of Motorola V400's and so far I am somewhat satisfied with them. I had a Motorola V60 with them and never ever had a problem before but now I get calls fading in and out and sometimes it goes right to voice mail and never rings. I love the phone I just think the new technology isn't perfected yet. One thing I have to say about cingular is that their customer service is pretty damn good, anytime I had a problem (only had 3 in 4 years) they fixed it no questions.

S

sr71_rgl

You have problems because 1) you aren't close enough to the cell site, or 2) your line of sight to the site is blocked by something big (building). It has nothing to do with the actual phone. The only way you'll get better service with any provider is having better access to a cell site. The nextel net kicks ass. It has the most internet bandwidth of any provider, best feature (direct connect) and the phones are getting cooler all the time. What other network allows you to make a call from Venezula to Toronto for pennies. Granted you may not need to do that but keep in mind your issue is strictly not enough or poor line of sight to a cell site.

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
Hale and I both have Nextel. Yesterday we were talking while I was at my mom's house and I got hung up on by his phone 5 times in 5 or 6 mintues. He was in Elgin and I am in Wheaton right now. I would think with how popular nextel is or was that people shouldn't be having problems with there phones. Hale and I went up to Hayward, Wisconsin one of the biggest cities way up there and had no service what so ever. But if we drove 20 or 30 mins south to a small town, we got servie. Doesn't make to much sense to me.

Hi!! I'm a newbie, well, not that new, I'm from the STL Grand Prix Club, couple of you guys know me :D

I've had my Nextel for about 4 years now and I have no complaint, me and the wife have that POS phone #60(old flip phone style) and our receipton is always crystal clear. The only complaint I have is the costomer service department, they WON'T listen you at all, I read that you found that out..

BTW, We don't have to pay for our Nextel, my work place takes care of the bill, we have unlimited calls and walkie talkie for 2 phones and it don't cost me a thing. NEXTEL KICKS ASS!!

Thread Info