Does Anyone know....

Smoke

Addict
Feb 11, 2009
someone whos parting out a time machine? Cause I need to go back to the year 2007 and buy something faster than my GA, like, say , a skateboard.

I wish I was kidding.

As many of you know, I ran the car in the 1/4 last Wednesday...and lost to a motherfuckin truck.

Since I wont be making any baller money until I graduate in 2 odd years, I wont be buying any racecars until then.

Heres the dilemma.Ive got enough money in the GA where I dont want to go through the pain in the ass of taking the stuff of the car and selling it, plus its almost paid off.Add in the miles, and its worthless for a trade, so im debating whether to just keep it and get a racecar alongside, or trade it as is soon and see what I can get.

Smoke

Addict
Feb 11, 2009
From what i have seen you don't have that much stuff installed on that car. If i recall, taking off all of your mods wouldn't require you to as much as replace a gasket.

True.

I bought the car since I needed wheels, and I couldnt afford to shop around 'cause taxi rides to dealerships around campus were like 40 bucks a trip.

+ the college credit union only financed me $3000 with the rest down, so I didnt have racecar dinero.After searching yahoo and blowing like $150 on cab rides my options were as follows-a 1997 Dodge Intrepid, a '99 V6 GA 2 door that was a risk due to the LIM gasket problem, an '88 Caprice, and the car I have now.

All thats been done have been tail and headlights,with new rims and strut bars in the front and the rear.

Smoke

Addict
Feb 11, 2009
Not dissing you, just saying it's not like you have some big involved demod to deal with. I feel you, everyone needs transportation.

Naw, it isnt big, Im just not looking forward to removing stuff I spent time and $$ on putting on, thats all.

I know when I came on here new I was talking all kinds of smack about modding this car, but that was before I ran her at the track.

Ill add what I can , then see where things are in few years.The car's almost paid for, so meh.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
I agree. Not everyone gets a racecar as their first car and not everyone's financial situations are the same.

I drove around in a POS '86 Chevy Celebrity with 96HP, bucket seats and only a radio for two years when I got my license. I was saving for a car since 14 as I knew I would inherit the Chevy. The spring after I turned 18 I purchased my GTP (now DD) with some mods and it was what I really wanted. I started at 5.45 an hour part time at 15 and I was probably around $10 an hour when I was 18, again part time. It took a long time, but it was well worth it knowing I picked out what I want.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info