Does anyone here golf?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I'll write it down on my list of courses to try out. I live in Streamwood so not too far either from me.
Thatā€™s why I recommended Streamwood Oaks for a tough 9 hole course to practice on. I had a membership for a year because itā€™s between my house and my work and I could go 2-3 times a week. It was the easiest way to get in a ton of practice!

Reactions: radioguy6

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I've got 18 holes booked at Fox Run this Sunday around 9 AM. Pretty excited! Never been here before. Most recent course I played was Marengo Ridge, it was terribly cold & windy that day. Trees didn't have any leaves yet either which made it look like a barren Halloween town scene :LOL:

Fox Run is a nice. So many great courses in this area. Highland woods, poplar creek, schaumburg, streamwood, arlington lakes, Mt. prospect. If you're ever out near Des Plaines, check out golf center, they have a 9 hole par 3 with lights. Last tee time is 10pm!

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Fox Run is a nice. So many great courses in this area. Highland woods, poplar creek, schaumburg, streamwood, arlington lakes, Mt. prospect. If you're ever out near Des Plaines, check out golf center, they have a 9 hole par 3 with lights. Last tee time is 10pm!
Last tee time is 10:27pm and it only takes an hour to play 9 holes (unless the course gets backed up it can take 90 minutes).

Summer of 2020 I joined Golf Center for $500 unlimited golf. I had a reoccurring tee time Monday - Thursday at 9:40pm. I played once a week last summer, and am considering joining again this summer. Really cool to play under the lights, and greatly improves your short game.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Last tee time is 10:27pm and it only takes an hour to play 9 holes (unless the course gets backed up it can take 90 minutes).

Summer of 2020 I joined Golf Center for $500 unlimited golf. I had a reoccurring tee time Monday - Thursday at 9:40pm. I played once a week last summer, and am considering joining again this summer. Really cool to play under the lights, and greatly improves your short game.

If I lived closer I would absolutely hop on that deal!!! Yep, its hit or miss on course play, but usually quieter on a weeknight. I've played it in an hour with no one ahead and I've brought people there that never swung a club in their life too, such a relaxed course for beginners. Really only need a couple wedges and a mid iron for #2.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I highly recommend Big Run. Another challenging course.

17211 W 135th St
Lockport, IL 60441
United States

The Bourne is another challenging course. But itā€™s also like video game golf. Super fun. Very high elevated tee boxes. Riding only as the course is so hilly and very spread out.

2359 N 35th Rd
Marseilles, IL 61341
United States

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
1652484276838.png

I always walked Streamwood. Bought a Clikgear cart that works really well.

Antek

Jul 26, 2013
Streamwood, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Streamwood is my next course to play at for sure. I scored 114 at Fox Run over the weekend on Sunday. Like I said, I'm not great by any means :LOL: but it's the first time I've actually ever kept my score. Felt kind of rushed since the group of 4 behind us was playing really fast & they were definitely golfer golfers with experience. None the less, good experience & at least a starting point for me going forward. Biggest note I took from this weekend was put the driver away. I can hit my 6 iron approximately 140-150 yd average. My driver I got in my set has a very flexible shaft. It always seems I'm making contact with the club face behind the ball. In turn, causing massive slices to the right. I'm going to focus more on my irons over anything.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Streamwood is my next course to play at for sure. I scored 114 at Fox Run over the weekend on Sunday. Like I said, I'm not great by any means :LOL: but it's the first time I've actually ever kept my score. Felt kind of rushed since the group of 4 behind us was playing really fast & they were definitely golfer golfers with experience. None the less, good experience & at least a starting point for me going forward. Biggest note I took from this weekend was put the driver away. I can hit my 6 iron approximately 140-150 yd average. My driver I got in my set has a very flexible shaft. It always seems I'm making contact with the club face behind the ball. In turn, causing massive slices to the right. I'm going to focus more on my irons over anything.

Since you're a new golfer, I highly recommend finding a local pro and getting some lessons. You don't want to create bad habits and turn them into muscle memory, because later on it will be much harder to fix.

Antek

Jul 26, 2013
Streamwood, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Since you're a new golfer, I highly recommend finding a local pro and getting some lessons. You don't want to create bad habits and turn them into muscle memory, because later on it will be much harder to fix.
100% it's something on my to do list. I've already found someone. I am in the process of reading a book given to me. It's by Ben Hogan.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Antek

Jul 26, 2013
Streamwood, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Yup! That's it. I love it. I'm really trying to focus on the fundamentals & keep away from all the excess noise of these people who think they know what they're doing. I enjoy going to Green Valley driving range on Lake Street & I've had people come up to me telling me to do different things. Before I take any advice I go watch them hit a few first haha.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
As long as youre in the correct position with the club at impact and your swing is repeatable you'll be okay....

I mean depending on your goals. Especially if you just need to be able to make decent contact to play with work people you can be a 90-100+ player no problem.

If you're not playing crazy with the rules and give putts that are reasonable, etc. your scores should be good enough to have fun. We have one buddy we call the golf nazi and he won't give you any putts and it's pathetic how many I miss from within 6 feet. :bowrofl:

Im usually right around 100-110 myself with no fucks given. Just out there to spend some time hitting, not trying to make the senior tour or anything.

Antek

Jul 26, 2013
Streamwood, IL
Real Name
Anthony
As long as youre in the correct position with the club at impact and your swing is repeatable you'll be okay....

I mean depending on your goals. Especially if you just need to be able to make decent contact to play with work people you can be a 90-100+ player no problem.

If you're not playing crazy with the rules and give putts that are reasonable, etc. your scores should be good enough to have fun. We have one buddy we call the golf nazi and he won't give you any putts and it's pathetic how many I miss from within 6 feet. :bowrofl:

Im usually right around 100-110 myself with no fucks given. Just out there to spend some time hitting, not trying to make the senior tour or anything.
That's exactly how I feel. Obviously the better I can be, I'm all for it. Anyone down to do the Streamwood course sometime soon?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info