Does anyone here golf?

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Are any driving ranges even open right now?

i have a clikgear 3.5 cart and love that thing.....
Mount Prospect's range and course are open. Just no carts and can't have more than 2 people in the same group. I have a huge heavy bag that's a pain to carry, so have been trying to find a push cart.

I think most courses are back open.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Thankfully I bought my cart two years ago. But I just built my daughter and I a hitting cage. 10ā€™x10ā€™x10ā€™.

d770f0b12b01622701378c1b237dfac1.jpg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Mount Prospect's range and course are open. Just no carts and can't have more than 2 people in the same group. I have a huge heavy bag that's a pain to carry, so have been trying to find a push cart.

I think most courses are back open.

ClicGear 3.5 is a great cart... Not the cheapest but its a damn good cart.

I had a membership to the local course a few years back and it's a 9 hole course so I would just walk it.... Folds into a cube and fit in the trunk of the neon I was driving at the time no problem....

1589078089981.png

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I found a course by my house that is open until midnight, which works perfect for me since I can help put the kids to bed and go tee off at 9:50pm. Its a 9 hole par 3, but its under "stadium" lights so its super bright. I've been playing almost everyday for a few weeks now so i just bit the bullet and joined so I can play unlimited for a year. Its amazing how much more consistent I've gotten just from playing non-stop for 3 weeks!

Best score is a 33 (par 27), worst score is a 44.

Des Plaines Golf Center course:
GCDP_Night_Overhead_666x448.jpg

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I found a course by my house that is open until midnight, which works perfect for me since I can help put the kids to bed and go tee off at 9:50pm. Its a 9 hole par 3, but its under "stadium" lights so its super bright. I've been playing almost everyday for a few weeks now so i just bit the bullet and joined so I can play unlimited for a year. Its amazing how much more consistent I've gotten just from playing non-stop for 3 weeks!

Best score is a 33 (par 27), worst score is a 44.

Des Plaines Golf Center course:
GCDP_Night_Overhead_666x448.jpg

Des Plaines golf center is awesome! Was going to say look into the unlimited membership if you're going that often. I've played many rounds on that par 3, the lighting is fantastic there. This is 1 of only 2 fully lit courses in the state. Without anyone in front you can easily finish in 1-1.5 hours. Just remember to bring bug spray!

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Des Plaines golf center is awesome! Was going to say look into the unlimited membership if you're going that often. I've played many rounds on that par 3, the lighting is fantastic there. This is 1 of only 2 fully lit courses in the state. Without anyone in front you can easily finish in 1-1.5 hours. Just remember to bring bug spray!
You're not kidding about the bug spray! First time I went I had no spray and I almost walked off the course. I went back the second night with spray, and said if its bad I'm never playing there again. Luckily the spray works well so it hasn't been an issue since....but holy hell!!! Might be the worst I've been bitten in my life, bites all over my arms and legs, neck, back of my head, face, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: radioguy6

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
For the price I thought Iā€™d tryout Kirklands new wedge set. Pretty hard to beat as far as pricing goes. Iā€™ve read some good reviews on them on a couple of golf forums so I figured why not. They look great, feel pretty good and didnā€™t break the bank by a far margin. I replaced the grips last night and I will try them out on the course today in a few hours. It should be fun.

IMG_5452.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info