Does anyone here golf?

fastlax16

Regular
May 2, 2016
Started playing again last year after taking a decade off. Usually shoot mid 90s. Dying to break into the 80s but usually have one wtf hole that submarines my score. Nike vapor speed irons, covert 2.0 driver, vapor speed 3 fairway wood, Nike method putter Nike square 56 wedge. Taylormade 3 rescue I'm afraid to use.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
We used to play twilight there for $12-15 with a cart.... those days are long gone. They've been changing as of late, increased green fees and more evening leagues.

Yeah, hole #6 :rofl:. Just depends on the day for me. I've sliced into both ponds having to take 2 drops, and then I've also birdied it.

Lowest I've ever taken on that damn hole is a 6.... I wanna punch a baby by the time I'm moving onto hole #7. :rofl:

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
I usually sneak on to a few private courses when its caddie golf day on Monday's but you didn't hear that from me

Bag Setup:
Driver: Cobra Amp Cell 8.5Ā°
Wood: Rocketballz T5
Irons: Taylormade Burner 2.0s 4-9 + Gap and Pitching Wedge
Wedges: Cleveland CG16 58Ā° 588 Rotex 60Ā° and 588 Rtx 56Ā° ( And no I don't use all three at the same time)
Putter: Odyssey ?White Hot XG? I can't remember

I have a Bushnell Tour V2 Range Finder as well

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Been golfing since early high school. When I was stationed down in Texas I would be able to play every 2 weeks year round. At that point was down to shooting in the low 80's on 18 and was getting pretty good.

Now I only play maybe once every 3 months and my handicap has skyrocketed. Probably back in the mid to high 90's again. You need to play a lot and consistently to become good.

My club preferences have become Callaway in the past couple of years (XR irons). Would love to be able to afford Apex stuff but I don't play enough to remotely justify it, and as of late my buddies and I have been playing the game "WOLF" when we golf with side betting so we rarely even care what our round consists of. Fun game.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Shot a 106 at Lake Lawn today :eek:
[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] likes this
f27721d4c0ef93361dabe945c5bab9f4.jpg
c47edbaaefb4e3fb96e97cf15d8f7a66.jpg

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
I haven't played a course in probably 5-6 years, hell...haven't even been to the range in probably 3-4. I'm afraid to with how iffy my back has been. I don't want to take a swing and get leveled with back pain.

I have back issues too. I am able to swing with no restrictions now that I actually swing properly. Only time I get sore is when I goto the range and only hit driver/3w. In a real round you don't use longest sticks in bag over and over, so should not have that problem.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Is anyone watching the Masters?

No. I don't watch golf. I play as often as I can about once a week and lots of range time. I'm addicted. I just finished playing at Hughes Creek and shot a 105:(
Im actually happy with that considering I started playing less than a year ago. Started off last year in the 130's and by November I finally got a 94.
So much fun.

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
No. I don't watch golf. I play as often as I can about once a week and lots of range time. I'm addicted. I just finished playing at Hughes Creek and shot a 105:(
Im actually happy with that considering I started playing less than a year ago. Started off last year in the 130's and by November I finally got a 94.
So much fun.

Yea golf is all about practice and the willingness to keep going after failing. I've been playing for 13 years and I still can't break 80.

Yeah, not a Sergio fan and he looks like he's coming back on the back nine...

Fowler and Spieth fell off the face of the Earth today, I thought that would be a great pairing... :dunno:

The downfall of Spieth was astounding. I'm glad Sergio won though. What was it 73 majors without a win? A 1-73 record is dedication.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info