Does anyone here golf?

Antek

Jul 26, 2013
Streamwood, IL
Real Name
Anthony
So I ended up playing at Streamwood 9 holes twice now, first round shot a 58, next round shot a 57 next visit I went. I recently went to Schaumburg Golf Course off of Roselle Road. My favorite course I've been to so far. I played 9 holes on a later tee time on a Friday night. Ended up shooting 55 on a super windy day. All I know is that I've been improving every course & round I do, which is a positive for me. I'm starting to develop more ideas of how to place shots, what clubs to use when & what types of shots to make.

For places that don't have nice golf carts, ones with GPS, etc..does anyone use any particular apps on their phone to identify yardages from the pin?

Reactions: PJx5x

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
So I ended up playing at Streamwood 9 holes twice now, first round shot a 58, next round shot a 57 next visit I went. I recently went to Schaumburg Golf Course off of Roselle Road. My favorite course I've been to so far. I played 9 holes on a later tee time on a Friday night. Ended up shooting 55 on a super windy day. All I know is that I've been improving every course & round I do, which is a positive for me. I'm starting to develop more ideas of how to place shots, what clubs to use when & what types of shots to make.

For places that don't have nice golf carts, ones with GPS, etc..does anyone use any particular apps on their phone to identify yardages from the pin?

just played Baer and Players at Schaumburg this past sunday. One of my favorites too and its right near me. Well kept course, the greens are nice. I just hate hole 24, a bad slice and you're in Roselle road :rofl:

If you want even better accuracy, pickup a range finder. I just got this one and its been great.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I joined a gold league at work this year. We play at White Deer Run in Libertyville every week. So far I've played 4 times. Shot 64, 67, 64. Hit the range with a scratch golfer last week and just shot 58. I'm pretty happy with the improvement. I had no double digit holes but did hit an atrocious 8 on a par 3. To offset I hit for par on another hole.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I joined a gold league at work this year. We play at White Deer Run in Libertyville every week. So far I've played 4 times. Shot 64, 67, 64. Hit the range with a scratch golfer last week and just shot 58. I'm pretty happy with the improvement. I had no double digit holes but did hit an atrocious 8 on a par 3. To offset I hit for par on another hole.
White Deer Run is in Vernon Hills :trump:

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
White Deer Run is in Vernon Hills :trump:
Le Tour Sport GIF by Le Tour de France

• YAHOO, MOTHERFUCKER!
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
I use The Grint to track my scores. It has GPS and satellite images built in with yardages I use to see bunkers, front of green etc. It will give you yardage to the center of the green cause it doesnā€™t know where the pin location is that day. Subtract 5 yards for a red pin flag and add 5 for a blue flag. Should be close enough

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
FINALLY played today. My coworker and I brought our clubs and gear to work today. Worked 5hours and made a B-line to Bliss Creek. Fuuuuuuck it felt so good to hit. I have not played in about thee months, maybe a little more. Shot a crummy 99. But I had a few Pars, a birdie and a good number of bogies. But I shit the bed on a number of holes where my score really blew up. It did not matter. Over all I was really hitting my long irons and wedges pretty good. I used my driver twice and put that back in the bag and used my 3 iron as my driver. Much much better. Hitting my 3,4 and 5 irons felt so damn good. Fuuuuuuuuck. What a good day.

IMG_1302.jpg

Reactions: BS ISF and PJx5x

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Bump.

Anyone watching Full Swing on Netflix?

Iā€™m a few episodes in and digging it. If you like Formula 1: Drive to Survive, this is pretty much the exact same concept but for golf.

I did watch it. I liked it a lot. Very entertaining and also shedding some light on their lives. Iā€™ve always kind of viewed them as robotic and such. Looking forward to a season two of there is one. I would assume they would touch on LIV a lot more in a second season.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I donā€™t know much about golf. Our house is in the Palmer course in the woodlands country club. Drunk broads and rich old men constantly drive through the neighborhood in their rent-a-cart like they own the joint. 0/10, wouldnā€™t recommend. They seem to be having fun though.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Masters weekend!

Brooks is looking damn good, hoping heā€™ll continue to play like he is.
I wouldn't mind seeing Brooks finally get a green jacket. It's also hard not to root for Scottie.

TV coverage/streaming service sucks. I watched a little bit of the first round last night on ESPN. I haven't been able to watch at all yet today.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info