Does anyone here golf?

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I bought a Bluetees range finder in early November during a sale and it works great. I used it once for a cold fall round. Works awesome for those cart path only rounds or when walking.

I need to get out on a course soon. Between work and car projects, I haven't made any time for golf this year. Things were coming together and I was starting to play pretty well towards the end of last season.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Iā€™ve been using a Garmin Approach S10 for 3-4 years now. It works great. Yardages are pretty close to spot on, inexpensive and instantaneous.

IMG_0591.jpg

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Iā€™ll finally be playing my first round tomorrow at Blackberry Oaks in Bristol. Love that course. Itā€™s been a few years since I have played there. They jacked up their rates from about $45 to about $70 a round because they added GPS to their carts. I could care less about GPS on a cart. I have my own GPS and my phone has a great app too if I choose.

Buuuuuut I am excited to play nonetheless.

Maro

TCG Elite Member
Jun 20, 2008
Played bridges of poplar creek yesterday. Was in good condition but place is setup for fun house golf. And pin locations were retarded. Do not recommend
I play a league there with some buddies, it's a shot placement course for sure. Greens are a bit challenging, but not impossible, you've really got to walk around the whole hole to get a good read on what's going on with the breaks there

Reactions: radioguy6

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Played Lauderdale Lakes in Elkhorn, WI this weekend. Here is hole #2, par 3, 228 yards and a well protected green. One of the hardest par 3 holes I've ever played.

View attachment 121254

Those types of holes aren't fun at all. How do you even play it? Try to hit a stinger under the trees and roll it up to the green?

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Those types of holes aren't fun at all. How do you even play it? Try to hit a stinger under the trees and roll it up to the green?

Yep, played this course 50+ times and can count on one hand how many times I've landed on the green.

I try exactly what you said. Hit a 3 wood and try to roll up on the green.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Played Klein Creek in Winfield Sunday morning. Was hung balls and shot a 50 on the front and a 41 on the back. Just needed some nooners to get me back from death.

Course was in great shape. Rough was brutal thick and greens were like marble. Very fast.

If you want to play a shot makers course I recommend it. If your new to golf just skip it.

20220529_113736.jpg

Antek

Jul 26, 2013
Streamwood, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Hit up Bloomingdale course off of Lake Street. Just did the front 9 after work. It was pretty nice, I'd go back. Good prices for the course. The rough, well it was rough. Fairways pretty well kept. Tee boxes were kind of jacked up but not a bad deal for on my way home from work. I definitely want to check out that course in Des Plaines at night. Looks pretty sweet!

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Played Philips Park in Aurora (behind Doggie Diner (RIP)) yesterday. Was really impressed with this course. Lots of fun and pretty cheap. Made the turn at E, then got in my head and went +3 on the back.

I love Philips Park. Itā€™s always been in really good condition, affordable and lots of fun. Never a dull moment there.

Reactions: PJx5x

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Played Blackstone in Huntley today. First time there course was in great shape. Of course played like concrete like everywhere else. Price was pretty cheap for the quality I think. Pace was quick. Drinks were very reasonable.

Filled in on a corporate small outing and got there late so zero warm up or anything. Went 49 front 38 back.

Highly recommend if you haven't been.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Played Blackstone in Huntley today. First time there course was in great shape. Of course played like concrete like everywhere else. Price was pretty cheap for the quality I think. Pace was quick. Drinks were very reasonable.

Filled in on a corporate small outing and got there late so zero warm up or anything. Went 49 front 38 back.

Highly recommend if you haven't been.
Blackstone is a great course. It always plays firm and fast.

Reactions: BS ISF
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info