3800 Does anyone actually like the new snoop dog song?

Do you actually like the song "Pop it like its hot"?

• YES!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no way it sucks

• its ok

• havent heard it

• isnt he a member here?

• Total voters

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
This is new? I swear I heard it in the 90s......

Anyways, I dont think Snoop should be allowed near a microphone. He has to make up words just so he can make a decent rhyme. Whats better than a language where all words have the same ending....its a weak rappers dream world. How he has stayed popular I will never understand. Once upon a time he was mediocre (sp?), now he is just horrible...

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Jan 20 2005, 09:05 PM
This is new?  I swear I heard it in the 90s......

Anyways, I dont think Snoop should be allowed near a microphone.  He has to make up words just so he can make a decent rhyme.  Whats better than a language where all words have the same ending....its a weak rappers dream world.  How he has stayed popular I will never understand.  Once upon a time he was mediocre (sp?), now he is just horrible...
[snapback]68296[/snapback]​

I'm a big fan of rap, but that song sucks. Snoop was only great when he was with Dre. Now hes a nobody in my opinion

I

imported_Theautoguy

For those who don't know me, which are many, I'm 35 years old, I own a very suburban tri-level house, we drive the Regal (old man car), the Lightning (Nascar wannabe truck) and the IROC (Redneck mobile) to list a few cars. I've been married for 8 years, my wife has a bachelors degree and I'm just finishing my Masters. I'm 30 lbs overweight, I like kahki's and flannel, I like Miller beer (even when I went to Germany), I listen to Bob & Tom in the morning and country, rock, metal and classical music for the ride home at night and I can't dance! I couldn't be any more white if I grew up in a closet!

I like the song a little, I don't know why, I just do. As a matter of fact, I've like Snoop since Dr. Dre's Chronic album. (only someone in there 30's still uses the term "album") Further, I really like Busta Rhymes since 98' when I first heard him.

With that being said out on the web for the first time...the music industry can now classify all rap music as "pop" and allow it to follow the path of the big hair bands of the late 80's and bring on something new and edgy again!

Thank you

www.earlymiddleagedflannelwearingtruckdrivingwhiteguysforthepreservationofpoprapmusic.com

Originally posted by Kyle@Jan 21 2005, 12:32 AM
for some reason i jsut cant understand liking a song that has like 3 notes in it, a generic beat, and someone clicking their tongue for the music, awful.
[snapback]68324[/snapback]​

Come on, Kyle. You just described the patented money making, #1 hit creating formula for most modern music (well....except for the clicking tongue thing, maybe). Creativity and talent went out the door YEARS ago. Why shouldn't they if the producers need only tell you what's hot/good, and the masses just jump to it and agree like the puppets they are? I haven't heard good music on the radio in probably over a decade. Even bands that sounded like they had potential flopped. The music industry (much like most professions right now) is in a sad state, and I don't see it recovering any time soon. :( Man. We used to actually demand something for our money. What happened?

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by RareGMFan+Jan 22 2005, 12:53 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kyle
@Jan 21 2005, 12:32 AM
for some reason i jsut cant understand liking a song that has like 3 notes in it, a generic beat, and someone clicking their tongue for the music, awful.
[snapback]68324[/snapback]​

Come on, Kyle. You just described the patented money making, #1 hit creating formula for most modern music (well....except for the clicking tongue thing, maybe). Creativity and talent went out the door YEARS ago. Why shouldn't they if the producers need only tell you what's hot/good, and the masses just jump to it and agree like the puppets they are? I haven't heard good music on the radio in probably over a decade. Even bands that sounded like they had potential flopped. The music industry (much like most professions right now) is in a sad state, and I don't see it recovering any time soon. :( Man. We used to actually demand something for our money. What happened?
[snapback]68496[/snapback]​
[/b]

well downloading may have something to do with it, just because there are alot of suburban white kids that like rap and the buy the cd, while the other kids that dont like rap are busy downloading something else.

and i agree with creativity/talant going out the window, EVERY song you see on mtv is very generic, just more of the same. and i u pay attention you'll kind of see song structure formulas and things like that if you pay attention, while the music is different they still follow a generally same structure and way to make the song.

but that doesnt matter PHARREL produced it, it HAS to be awesome. :pissed:

Thread Info