Does anybody make a GOOD 3" two bolt gasket??

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Those flanges suck...when I made my exhaust from scratch, I used all ball/socket joints..no gaskets, and no leaks.

The flange design just blows. I would still use a gasket...don't bother with the copper. The standard Permatex Red is much better for those flanges. Put a light coating on both sides of the gasket...hang it up for an hour or two to get tacky. Put a light coat on both flanges, and give it time to get tacky. Then put it together...it'll last a bit longer that way

Just make sure to wire brush off and excess carbon tracing from the previous blowouts before doing this.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Best exhaust gaskets out there period are Remflex. The turbo guys have been using them for a while now. With high heat cycles and large back pressure set ups they seem to be proving themselves.

Check out their website to see why these gaskets are so good.

I like their claims and for $9 not a bad deal. Thanks for the link!
Those flanges suck...when I made my exhaust from scratch, I used all ball/socket joints..no gaskets, and no leaks.

The flange design just blows. I would still use a gasket...don't bother with the copper. The standard Permatex Red is much better for those flanges. Put a light coating on both sides of the gasket...hang it up for an hour or two to get tacky. Put a light coat on both flanges, and give it time to get tacky. Then put it together...it'll last a bit longer that way

Just make sure to wire brush off and excess carbon tracing from the previous blowouts before doing this.

I agree the design isn't very good at all....at least that big it's not. It would cost quite a lot to buy the pieces and have them welded on ( I don't have means to weld stainless. Plus then resale goes out the window as well (I won't own these parts/car forever)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info