Does anybody make a GOOD 3" two bolt gasket??

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm sick of blowing out gaskets. Right now I'm using a carbon-x one that I made and it's lasted the longest but it's leaking again. Yes I've tried copper rtv and it seems to just leak after a while too.

Does anybody make a quality MLS steel or copper one?

What do you 3800 people use?

[email protected]

Somebody buy this thing
Reaction score
I feel like a decent number of people just use copper RTV, the super high temp stuff...

Intel

Reaction score
What are you using this on? Have a set of 2.5 inchers that have been on my maxima for like 4-5 years now.

OP
ilikemtb999

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
My Subaru. 2.5" is about a half inch to small.

I got 3" pipes

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
I found some metal geaskets that worked well for me and they were at ricer zone

I dont remember what size they were so you might want to check that out

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Best exhaust gaskets out there period are Remflex. The turbo guys have been using them for a while now. With high heat cycles and large back pressure set ups they seem to be proving themselves.

Check out their website to see why these gaskets are so good.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
Those flanges suck...when I made my exhaust from scratch, I used all ball/socket joints..no gaskets, and no leaks.

The flange design just blows. I would still use a gasket...don't bother with the copper. The standard Permatex Red is much better for those flanges. Put a light coating on both sides of the gasket...hang it up for an hour or two to get tacky. Put a light coat on both flanges, and give it time to get tacky. Then put it together...it'll last a bit longer that way

Just make sure to wire brush off and excess carbon tracing from the previous blowouts before doing this.

OP
ilikemtb999

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Best exhaust gaskets out there period are Remflex. The turbo guys have been using them for a while now. With high heat cycles and large back pressure set ups they seem to be proving themselves.

Check out their website to see why these gaskets are so good.
I like their claims and for $9 not a bad deal. Thanks for the link!
Those flanges suck...when I made my exhaust from scratch, I used all ball/socket joints..no gaskets, and no leaks.

The flange design just blows. I would still use a gasket...don't bother with the copper. The standard Permatex Red is much better for those flanges. Put a light coating on both sides of the gasket...hang it up for an hour or two to get tacky. Put a light coat on both flanges, and give it time to get tacky. Then put it together...it'll last a bit longer that way

Just make sure to wire brush off and excess carbon tracing from the previous blowouts before doing this.
I agree the design isn't very good at all....at least that big it's not. It would cost quite a lot to buy the pieces and have them welded on ( I don't have means to weld stainless. Plus then resale goes out the window as well (I won't own these parts/car forever)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom