TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Nvm I’ll just jump on the bandwagon.

Car looks like crap, stupid name.

Would still lose to a Tesla

:) lol

0 - 60:
Demon: 2.3 seconds, with roll out, I think Top Gear said 2.1 seconds...
Tesla P100D: 2.3 seconds

And to add, the Demon doesn't have AWD. Gawd how I'd hate to see this time if it HAD AWD.

1/4 mile:
Demon: 9.65 @ >140mph
Tesla P100D: 10.7 - 10.8 @ ~122mph

Wait, wut?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
In all seriousness though the line lock feature and t-brake are awesome on a production car.

My only serious downside question is what are all the new models doing to the previous (already crazy hp) models prices? As in you bought the hellcat last year. Now there is this new model out the very next year. Did yours just tank in value? I would be super pissed.

Honest question.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
0 - 60:
Demon: 2.3 seconds, with roll out, I think Top Gear said 2.1 seconds...
Tesla P100D: 2.3 seconds

And to add, the Demon doesn't have AWD. Gawd how I'd hate to see this time if it HAD AWD.

1/4 mile:
Demon: 9.65 @ >140mph
Tesla P100D: 10.7 - 10.8 @ ~122mph

Wait, wut?

https://youtu.be/OFmFr5boXvw

Real world results. Seems it’s basically more on driver and conditions. 9.65 is not a normal consistent time for the Demon

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Great, another "Oh maaayyyyyy gawwwdd, Teslaaaaaa rawwksss brahhhh!" thread.

Dodge is killing it with these cars and they are selling very well.

Now we are using CNN as a point to troll?
[MENTION=11218]lastls1[/MENTION] - No fucks given you say, yet, here you are. :)

Values appear to be holding well. Used Hellcats are still in the high 40's low 50's even after the Demon.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

Real world results. Seems it’s basically more on driver and conditions. 9.65 is not a normal consistent time for the Demon

The same can be said for any car in the hands of us mere mortals. I never ran my Z28 or GTO at the same times that were advertised on my first pass. It took me some time to learn the car and work it down to those times.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL

As per usual, I see the Tesla getting reeled in pretty well before the end.

Driver's make the difference and conditions.

No doubt, Tesla's are great 1/8 mile monsters, but, past that, not really impressive.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013

[MENTION=11218]lastls1[/MENTION] - No fucks given you say, yet, here you are. :)

Values appear to be holding well. Used Hellcats are still in the high 40's low 50's even after the Demon.

True cnn is a bad example. It was just a link off their page. It was a few months back honestly

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Dodge yet again not moving with the times. Everyone else has an EV market and hybrids. (Some quick some slow) to offset these gas drinking monsters.

Yet dodge is over here making less fuel efficient cars and heavier cars.

I read an article on CNN the other day that the Chrysler brand is in serious trouble and most likely will be gone from the market in the next few years.

Way to go Chrysler group!

I have fun and troll and literally trigger people on dodge stuff in 2 posts. It’s epic fun to pass the time at work lol

True cnn is a bad example. It was just a link off their page. It was a few months back honestly

wait now you care

I did. Read my post

:bowrofl:

k

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
In all seriousness though the line lock feature and t-brake are awesome on a production car.

My only serious downside question is what are all the new models doing to the previous (already crazy hp) models prices? As in you bought the hellcat last year. Now there is this new model out the very next year. Did yours just tank in value? I would be super pissed.

Honest question.

K

And I know your trolling too lol

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Ya, gobs of power, good looks and an awesome sound definitely suck.

The problem is that the competitors have evolved. The Challenger/Charger is on a dated chassis, is very heavy, has a cheap interior, and only really does one thing well which is driving in a straight line.

FCA in my opinion will put either Dodge, Chrysler, or both out to pasture next decade. Just look at the product pipeline and that should tell you something about future plans.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Basically, shy of reducing the curb weight, the 2015 Dodge Challenger refresh addressed every issue with the earlier models. The car was more modern, but it preserved the retro lines that made the modern Challenger so popular. The interior was nicer and more comfortable, but again, it is still has the distinct muscle car feel. Tie in the new look inside and out with new trim levels and gobs of power, and there is little question as to why the 2015 Challenger led to such an impressive sales spike.

The Ford Mustang also saw a big sales spike with the arrivals of the then-new 2015 models, but that faded away over time while the Challenger numbers have continued to grow. Meanwhile, the arrival of the 6th generation Camaro did not lead to a sales spike, as numbers have steadily declined since the 2016 car was introduced.

The bottom line here is that without a new generation or really, any huge changes, the Dodge Challenger has continued to improve its place in the market with new technology, plenty of options and more power than you can get from either of the key competitors.

PUT IT OUT TO PASTURE DAMNIT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info