Dodge Ram Hellcat

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Yep, I miss the cyclone and lightning days. GM should bring back the cyclone with a 700hp awd midsized.

Exactly! I keep having thoughts of buying a SCSB F150 with a Coyote and adding some boost to make a cool street truck. There's probably no real market for factory muscle trucks anymore though so I can see why nobody makes one.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
no, he didn't.

"Now Ram wants to take a piece of that market with the Ram Rebel TRX. We've already seen this in concept form a few years ago, but now it'll be real. And it'll be powered by a 6.2 liter supercharged V8.

That engine is also known as the Hellcat.

Now, we're not sure how much power it'll have, the TRX Concept had 575 horsepower, but now that we have a 707 horsepower Jeep Grand Cherokee, why can't we have a 707 horsepower Ram?"

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
as we already knew, but four wheel magazine touched on it.

HN2ZGNa.jpg

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Exactly! I keep having thoughts of buying a SCSB F150 with a Coyote and adding some boost to make a cool street truck. There's probably no real market for factory muscle trucks anymore though so I can see why nobody makes one.

My question would be more of "why not" past some emissions or CAFE certs how much R&D is it really to shoe horn such an engine into an existing truck? All of the big 3 have performance RWD Car engines they could stuff into a truck (the trucks having looser mpg and emissions requirements than the cars) and get away with it no problem. That says nothing of being able to get a nice axle for out back for a truck as a parts bin item too. Trucks also tend to have massive radiators and cooling systems which are good for a performance vehicle.

You'd need what some suspension and brake bits maybe? Perhaps some custom stitching on the seats and some 3D printed badges/trim pieces so you could charge a huge markup?

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

I can’t remember what dealer, but they were making new Lightning's. Slapped a bunch of lightning badges, custom wheels that were Lightning-esque, and I believe a Roush blower. Used a XL or XLT SCSB. Do that with a 10-speed, and that would be a ripper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info