Dodge Ram Hellcat

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Reaction score
Haha, that is ridiculous. Really, the best response here is "why not?" Hellcat all FCA things.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] is on the waiting list.

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Yep, I miss the cyclone and lightning days. GM should bring back the cyclone with a 700hp awd midsized.
Exactly! I keep having thoughts of buying a SCSB F150 with a Coyote and adding some boost to make a cool street truck. There's probably no real market for factory muscle trucks anymore though so I can see why nobody makes one.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Let's be honest, if they made it, dealers will put an ADM on it and people will be lining up to buy it. I really dont think there was a market for muscle trucks before, but produce them in limited numbers and they will sell.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
no, he didn't.

"Now Ram wants to take a piece of that market with the Ram Rebel TRX. We've already seen this in concept form a few years ago, but now it'll be real. And it'll be powered by a 6.2 liter supercharged V8.

That engine is also known as the Hellcat.

Now, we're not sure how much power it'll have, the TRX Concept had 575 horsepower, but now that we have a 707 horsepower Jeep Grand Cherokee, why can't we have a 707 horsepower Ram?"

Knowklew

Donating Member
Reaction score
Needs to be sportier, lower, and less offroadish

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Ford better come out with that 7.0 engine now or else I’m definitely hopping my fat ass over to Derdge again.

2QuikTA

Reaction score
Yep, I miss the cyclone and lightning days. GM should bring back the cyclone with a 700hp awd midsized.
The problem is outside of a relatively small group of people, nobody even knows what a sy/ty is. Unless these trucks sell really well, the TBSS might be the last performance truck from gm outside of an off-road performance truck.

Do love me a sy/ty though

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=479889668&zip=64119&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=64119&startYear=1981&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=GMCSYCLON&makeCodeList=GMC&searchRadius=0&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=GMCSYCLON&makeCodeList=GMC&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=GMC&modelCode1=GMCSYCLON

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
as we already knew, but four wheel magazine touched on it.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Exactly! I keep having thoughts of buying a SCSB F150 with a Coyote and adding some boost to make a cool street truck. There's probably no real market for factory muscle trucks anymore though so I can see why nobody makes one.
My question would be more of "why not" past some emissions or CAFE certs how much R&D is it really to shoe horn such an engine into an existing truck? All of the big 3 have performance RWD Car engines they could stuff into a truck (the trucks having looser mpg and emissions requirements than the cars) and get away with it no problem. That says nothing of being able to get a nice axle for out back for a truck as a parts bin item too. Trucks also tend to have massive radiators and cooling systems which are good for a performance vehicle.

You'd need what some suspension and brake bits maybe? Perhaps some custom stitching on the seats and some 3D printed badges/trim pieces so you could charge a huge markup?

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
The thing I dont like about it... Its a Dodge.

I'm surprised my F150 hasn't had more problems as hard as I drive it.

If the TRX isnt 90k like the trackhawk I will look hard at it.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
I can’t remember what dealer, but they were making new Lightning's. Slapped a bunch of lightning badges, custom wheels that were Lightning-esque, and I believe a Roush blower. Used a XL or XLT SCSB. Do that with a 10-speed, and that would be a ripper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom