Dodge Charger Scat Pack

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
Being in a Chevy SS feels like you are 10 years behind at least in "features".

The U-connect is top notch.

Even though the SRT's have some plastics in them, they have great seats, great gauge cluster, and much more space.

Chevy SS is not much smaller in space. It also handles a heck of a lot better. That said a scat pack would destroy a stock one in a straight line and looks tougher.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Dunno about the Scat being a lot larger inside.... I assumed that a bit ago and I believe it was maybe Bru who corrected me? But as far as interior dims go, it's apparently pretty much a wash. Cargo space as well. Does the rear seat in the Scat fold down? If so, that's a pretty big thing, as the passthrough only setup in the SS was a pain in my ass on more than one occasion. But is an SS even on OP's radar?

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
My buddy is looking to offload his SS soon...'17, low miles, orange blast

Other problem with the SS is that you're likely paying upper $30's at minimum for a later year one, whereas you can find a brand new Scat Pack for the same price. But the SS likely won't depreciate nearly as much as the Scat Pack

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Some like 4 doors. The rear seats in a mustang are barely seats.
Rear seats in a mustang are pretty much unusable. Ford should just go ahead and make them an option at this point.
Scats can run mid 11's easily. Guy ran an 11.6 with drag radials and no back seats
Eh I wouldn't say easily. They seem to be 12.3-12.6 cars bone ass stock and with some good weather and DR's high 11's.
Chevy SS?
Boring as hell looking. GTO v2

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Take it for what its worth on the room the back seats of a Scat Charger have. I'm a bigger dude, wife isnt she is like 5'2" and 125lbs. I have fucked both missionary and her riding me very comfortably in the back of my 15 Charger RT and 16 Charger Hellcat. Same back seat as the Scat.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
How do the scat packs handle boost? Will they take 800+ without building a motor

Not even close! They require what the Mopar community calls drop in pistons/rods to handle any real power. Like I stated earlier, the general consensus is that your 6.4 will live a long happy life at 6psi. 8psi and up, you’re playing with fire.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Not even close! They require what the Mopar community calls drop in pistons/rods to handle any real power. Like I stated earlier, the general consensus is that your 6.4 will live a long happy life at 6psi. 8psi and up, you’re playing with fire.

Ah, I think it would be a sweet car but 6psi just isn’t going to cut it for me lol, 93 and 10psi feels like a turd on the mustang

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
PSI is all relative though ;)

a stock 1.4L turbo cruze puts out 17psi and like 138 bhp.

my SS at 13.5psi made 692whp

my cobra made 20psi and made 594whp

:jg::jg:

This is true but by his comment that it wouldn’t even come close to 800whp I assumed 6 psi wasn’t a lot of fun lol, technically it should make decent power on 6psi since it’s a fairly large engine but, I also want more than I have right now so 800whp probably wouldn’t be enough in as heavy of a car as those are

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
This is true but by his comment that it wouldn’t even come close to 800whp I assumed 6 psi wasn’t a lot of fun lol, technically it should make decent power on 6psi since it’s a fairly large engine but, I also want more than I have right now so 800whp probably wouldn’t be enough in as heavy of a car as those are

oh definitely.. im sure its in the realm of 500-550 at 6psi

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info