Dodge bringing back the 426?

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Lots of speculation that it will eventually replace the 392.
550ish HP NA
That's what needs to happen. I've been hearing these rumors for the past year, and I just figured it would replace the 392 to keep the Charger/Challenger fresh for another 10 years...lol

b4black

Reaction score
Great news!

I have a '64 426 Hemi and this shit is not accurate at all....
The elephant was the nickname of the old 426 Hemi because it was big and heavy (and initially slow, lets be fair) when it was delivered to professional racers for Dodge. In an attempt to destroy the motor to go back to a wedge design, they cranked up the timing ‘through the roof’ and went out for a lap. Not only did it not die, it did well! So they gave it more timing and out for another lap, surely they’d kill it this time. Instead they realized they had figured out how to get the hemi hauling, and from there on history was made (1-2-3-4 Nascar podium sweep for Chrysler, as well as breaking the 200 MPH barrier with the Dodge Charger Daytona).
Real story is quite interesting. It kicked ass from the git-go.
https://www.allpar.com/history/inside/plymouth-11-nascar.html

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
Real Challenger 426 Hemi 550hp All Motor id trade my mustang in as soon as one hit the lot!

I fucking love big hp NA engines.

Ohh and put it in a 1320 package Challenger for me and make it under 50k for me.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
Really?! I don’t think I’ve seen you mention that in every post you’ve made since you discovered you can’t afford to boost your car...lol
:fu: yeah yeah Im an adult and have other priorities too you know wife kids house ect. And besides im just a poor dumb govt. employee not the average TCG hedge fund manager millionaire......

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
:fu: yeah yeah Im an adult and have other priorities too you know wife kids house ect. And besides im just a poor dumb govt. employee not the average TCG hedge fund manager millionaire......
Ssssssssssssh, don't tell anyone about us TCG wealthy people...

:fy:

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
seeing as nobody else said it yet...

still aint no junkyard LS with Chinese turbo parts on it....

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm at SEMA and they were playing this commercial at the Mopar booth today. Also im guessing what ever's under the tarp (looks like a charger with a big ass air grabber) will house this new motor

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Is it me, or does that front wheel well look way forward of that windshield base?

AWD 426 Hemi Charger?

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
I'd much rather have the blown/built 6.2L Demon mill that already comes in the Chally Redeye.
As would anyone, but not everyone has 80k-100k laying around. Replacing the 392 with the 426 in the cheaper cars would be a good move for us peasants...lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom