Movie Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Not a spoiler, but Listening to the score now, Danny Elfman did a great job with it. I'd know its Danny Elfman with just a few notes.

As far as the movie goes? Middling. Not great, not bad.

Wanda going off the deep-end was a bit of as surprise, I guess this was her "No More Mutants" MCU version of that storyline. The Bruce Campbell cameo was entertaining.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yes, and I know they explained that the dark hold possesses whoever reads it and takes them over and blah blah, but still :LOL:
Yep. Still a stretch.

The the same chick that felt guilty AF when she accidentally blew up part of a building now murders innocents by the dozen because she dreamt of two kids? And she can somehow send giant eyeballs across universes to kill a teenager?

Nah.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Eh, it was mediocre at best, but worth seeing once.

The one death that seemed terribly written was that of Captain Marvel. A large stone structure fell on her?! That seemed like a huge disservice to that character's power. Even if she didn't die and was just knocked out, it was ridiculous.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Eh, it was mediocre at best, but worth seeing once.

The one death that seem terrible written was that of Captain Marvel. A large stone structure fell on her?! That seem like a huge disservice to that character's power. Even if she didn't die and was just knocked out, it was ridiculous.
Agree. About the only believable way that Wanda could kill captain marvel would be to rip her apart with the magic red stuff

Chick can fly through spaceships like a missile, and fly through space using nothing but her own energy, but if a 30' pillar falls on her she's out of the fight and possibly dead.

K

Just a dumb movie, MCU should have ended with endgame

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, at least with the use of magic, there's some ambiguity as to how strong it is against a superpowered person. But a rock falling on someone that took a punch from Thanos without flinching?!
IIRC a "normal" punch. But when Thanos used the power stone she had that look of "oh shit", and then got her bell rung.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info