Votes: 5 6.5%
  • No

Votes: 72 93.5%

• Total voters

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
I tried it for about 2 months when I was a kid because my friends were all smokers. I never understood what they got out of it. The taste and smell was just horrible.

I dated a couple girls that smoked. They would use whatever perfume or body spray, and that combined with the smoke smell is an interesting combination. I’ll catch that same whiff of perfume and smoke out in public from random skanks.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
I tried it for about 2 months when I was a kid because my friends were all smokers. I never understood what they got out of it. The taste and smell was just horrible.

I dated a couple girls that smoked. They would use whatever perfume or body spray, and that combined with the smoke smell is an interesting combination. I’ll catch that same whiff of perfume and smoke out in public from random skanks.
This reminds me of my worst memories of my dad smoking as a kid. He would smoke in the house and smoked 2-3 packs a day. He would basically light his new cigarette off the old one before it died. Anyway, I remember the old man taking a shit and smoking and going in the bathroom after him and the smell of cigarettes and shit is horribly burned into my mind. Not a pleasent combo. He smoked so much that he would wake up many times at night to smoke. I remember going to the bathroom at night as a kid and would see the burning cherry seemingly floating in mid air in the family room as he smoked with the lights off.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
the US seems to have done a pretty good job of making it uncool (and expensive)

it seems super rare to see anyone under 40 smoking (i'd even say under 50) cigarettes.

that being said, outside the US i'm surprised at how much people smoke. i guess for one, many places it's cheaper, but still. i was surprised how many young people appeared to smoke in mexico. i'm surprised how many euros smoke when i'm in thailand. i'm in south africa now on a 2 week volunteer project - i was the only one the first week, but one of the french staff (i dunno if she's even 30) smokes, and this week we have 1 brit chick, 1 belgian girl, another french girl, and a french guy with his mom. all but the mom are in their 20s. the only one i know for sure doesn't smoke is the belgian girl. also the entire south african staff smokes from the owners to the workers. maybe not one female one but everyone else definitely, and they rip through them.

kissed a girl once on a date who was a smoker. did not enjoy. first and last smoker.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
This reminds me of my worst memories of my dad smoking as a kid. He would smoke in the house and smoked 2-3 packs a day. He would basically light his new cigarette off the old one before it died. Anyway, I remember the old man taking a shit and smoking and going in the bathroom after him and the smell of cigarettes and shit is horribly burned into my mind. Not a pleasent combo. He smoked so much that he would wake up many times at night to smoke. I remember going to the bathroom at night as a kid and would see the burning cherry seemingly floating in mid air in the family room as he smoked with the lights off.
Jeeeesus this is unreal

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I dated a couple girls that smoked.
I made this mistake as well. Kissing them was like licking an ashtray. I broke up with one when she made a cigarette more important than me, on my birthday. I will say there was one that was trying hard to quit, but was under a lot of stress. She made every effort to keep herself "clean" of the smell, and would thoroughly wash herself up (hands, face, etc) and changed clothes after smoking. It helped more than I would have expected.

Reactions: rocco

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Season 2 Omg GIF by Rick and Morty

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Sorry if I missed it I don’t feel like reading all the pages. I wonder what will be worse for you the vape stocks or cigarettes. I will say people who have the vape sticks suck on that thing like every 2-3 min of an hour. That can’t be good for you
Vape is horrible for you too.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
When I smoked I remember smoking indoors and even long time ago on a flight.

During a summer job at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, probably my sophomore college summer job, they used to having a smoking room. It was a glass cube. There was me and a dozen old ladies smoking lol. This was in 1986 I think.

Reactions: cdh027

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I mean it was normal back then. People smoked in hospitals and airplanes. Remember the cigarette vending machines in restaurants and bars everywhere?

When we were young (mid-90s), K-Mart still had cartons of cigarettes out on displays on the floor. A kid I grew up with would wear JNCO jeans with the huge pockets and go steal two cartons at a time.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
When I smoked I remember smoking indoors and even long time ago on a flight.

During a summer job at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, probably my sophomore college summer job, they used to having a smoking room. It was a glass cube. There was me and a dozen old ladies smoking lol. This was in 1986 I think.
Motorola had a smoking room back in the day too. You walk in there and everything was stained yellow/brown.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I was in a Moose Lodge last year playing bingo. They still had the old smoking room which is inside the building, you could see the sinners cause it had windows. Lmfao.

Like how disgusting.

You have to be quarantined from gen pop to do something. That should tell ya it's that disgusting.

Reactions: b00sted

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
the US seems to have done a pretty good job of making it uncool (and expensive)

it seems super rare to see anyone under 40 smoking (i'd even say under 50) cigarettes.

that being said, outside the US i'm surprised at how much people smoke. i guess for one, many places it's cheaper, but still. i was surprised how many young people appeared to smoke in mexico. i'm surprised how many euros smoke when i'm in thailand. i'm in south africa now on a 2 week volunteer project - i was the only one the first week, but one of the french staff (i dunno if she's even 30) smokes, and this week we have 1 brit chick, 1 belgian girl, another french girl, and a french guy with his mom. all but the mom are in their 20s. the only one i know for sure doesn't smoke is the belgian girl. also the entire south african staff smokes from the owners to the workers. maybe not one female one but everyone else definitely, and they rip through them.

kissed a girl once on a date who was a smoker. did not enjoy. first and last smoker.
In 1960 over 50% of Americans smoked and I'm sure in the 1930's it was probably much higher. Lately smoking in the US is around 15%.

When I've been overseas it's noticeably higher. I think in some Asian countries the percentage is pretty high still. Cigs are pretty cheap in Thailand and India.

Thread Info