• Yes

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • No

Votes: 72 93.5%

• Total voters

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I've said this before. Alot that plays into it is education.

I compare my friendish group and baes friend group. There's 3 groups to hers and everyone is college educated(take it for what you will) Dr's, lawyers, pharmacist, vets, etc.. None. NONE of them smoke.

Now dumb it down to my friend(loose) and almost all of them smoke. Terrible
My wife worked a cancer center and a few of the dr’s smoked, kinda weird but that’s their fix. But I get where you are coming from.

• Wow
Reactions: sickmint79

331stang

Regular
Aug 14, 2011
Nope ,I'm a combo tech ,painter and body man, and I also paint for 2 body men in my shop , one of which takes (no exaggeration) at least 25 smoke breaks a day, and I'm constantly waiting on him to finish making my money, they are the WORST co workers , dude smells so bad all the time I cant stomach being with 8 feet of him.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Nope ,I'm a combo tech ,painter and body man, and I also paint for 2 body men in my shop , one of which takes (no exaggeration) at least 25 smoke breaks a day, and I'm constantly waiting on him to finish making my money, they are the WORST co workers , dude smells so bad all the time I cant stomach being with 8 feet of him.
I have my service writer road test really bad smokers vehicles. Fucking gross.

Reactions: 331stang

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I smoked for about 4 years (late HS and a couple of years after.) I quit cold turkey 4 months after my daughter was born back in 1994. I had a 4-month stint in '95 and realized I hated it. I haven't smoked since.

I still have an occasional dream where I'm smoking. Makes no sense. ?

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I smoked for over 20 years and quit when my son was born 5 years ago, my mother got diagnosed with bile duct cancer a year and a half later and was in and out of the hospital, then ICU, then hospice and due to the stress I started again. Then I quit the day after her memorial service and haven’t smoked since.
The good thing about quitting is that now I can smell everything, the bad part is I can smell EVERY FUCKING THING!!!
I’m at the point now that I can go out drinking and not crave a cigarette and the smell of cigarettes on someone that just smoked is utterly disgusting and makes me nauseous. A guy I work with smokes at least 2 packs a day and if I have to be in the same room as him I’ll “accidentally” spray him with Febreeze while walking by him.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
When I was a young lad, let's say under 10, I used to be around heavy heavy smokers. My mom, aunts, uncles, cousins, ect. My family lived on cigarettes. As time progressed most of my family calmed down on smoking, including my mom. When I was older, I'd smoke a cig every now and then but never cared much for them. When I was extremely stressed out, I felt like I needed to do something and I'd buy a pack. It'd take about 7 cigarettes before I felt any satisfaction. After I'd smoke half the pack, I just tossed them in the garbage. About a year later, same thing. It never really did anything for me. So I just stopped smoking. When I was about 14 (maybe 15) I used to smoke weed. I'd get it all free from my brother or cousin or had some friends. I was walking home high one day from a spot behind a school where we'd smoke and was pondering what the point was. By the time I got home, I decided not to smoke weed. I've had hits here and there but it's just not my thing.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I’m horribly addicted to nicotine. Smoked from maybe 05/06 tooooo 2013 maybe, vaped from ‘13-‘22 and I’ve been doing these Zyn like pouches since late last year maybe. A lot of mine is that I’m just anxious as fuck as a baseline mood and feel like it kind of levels me out. Part of it is an oral fixation also, I started eating sunflower seeds at work and my nicotine intake is a lot lower.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Never smoked. My parents smoked quite a bit. While at home growing up, I’d keep my bedroom door closed at all times. When we bought our new camper trailer 3 years ago. We started taking it to my parents house so we did not have to sleep in Smokey nasty odor. Since my dad passed about 1.5 years ago. The Smokey odor is not nearly as bad but we still bring our trailer to my parents house. The smoke really irritates our throats.

Thread Info