• No

Votes: 72 93.5%

• Total voters

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
How many people that have quit smoking tried several times? Like everyone that tried quitting I know of no one that did it on their first try. I can’t remember the name, I want to say it was Chantix is what I tried and I had absolutely fucked up dreams, hallucinations while awake and fits of rage where I wanted to beat the life out of someone in traffic because they changed lanes in front of me. When my son was born and I quit I threw the mostly full pack out the window of the car on the way back to the hospital and didn’t pick them up again until a year and a half later. After my moms memorial service I sat on the curb next to my car crying and wanted to have a smoke but I couldn’t light it because I didn’t realize it was pouring rain and my smokes and me were soaked. I started laughing at the irony of it all and thought that my son has to grow up without a grandmother but I’ll be damned if he’s going to lose me because of cigarettes. I think I’ve had a total of one cigarette since June of 2019 and that’s because I’ll bum one, take 3 drags and realize how disgusting it is and it reminds me of the promise I made to myself in that parking lot. Best thing I found to quell the cravings is butterscotch disc candy. Something about them just made me not want to smoke and replaced the nicotine need. I’ve told a few family members and friends to try those candies and they worked on them too.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Sorry if I missed it I don’t feel like reading all the pages. I wonder what will be worse for you the vape stocks or cigarettes. I will say people who have the vape sticks suck on that thing like every 2-3 min of an hour. That can’t be good for you
I don’t vape nicotine, but I dabble in thc vapes, they actually irritate my throat and make me more phlegmy, plus it’s it doesn’t work as well as just smoking regular old devils lettuce, but it has its place it doesn’t smell like weed so if your around people that frown upon smoking the Mary June you can without them noticing, I prefer edibles in that situation though

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
in the 80s and 90s you could get a Lincoln Town Car with cigarette lighters in the back seat. thats how much those old folks loved smokin.
towncar.jpg

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
in the 80s and 90s you could get a Lincoln Town Car with cigarette lighters in the back seat. thats how much those old folks loved smokin.
View attachment 153690
I'm pretty sure I remember my parents '86 Suburban had rear ash trays with cigarette lighters.

my fox bodies have a rear ash tray on the back of the center console.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I smoked from around 16-17 till I was 30, and now I can't stand to be around smokers. One of my guys smokes like a chimney and I literally have to tell him to back the fuck up when he's talking to me just so I don't puke all over him.
Pretty much same for me. I did a road trip with a buddy who smokes a lot and it really made me feel sick.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i've never done a cruise but am looking at potentially doing a nile cruise now, there's various packages offered to see egypt/jordan with nights in hotels, cruises, and sleeper trains - from what i can tell the train rooms smell largely of smoke though. so a kinda cool experience but one i think i'll be leaning towards avoiding at the moment

I used to smoke about 10 cigarettes a day. It was so hard to get rid of this habit. I tried several times but started again. When my son was born, I realized that I didn't want him to see me smoking, so I decided to try quitting again. This time I also took Chantix from the Canadian Pharmacy site. Well, I don't know maybe it helped me, or maybe it was my strong desire to quit, but I finally gave up. I haven't smoked for more than 7 years.

Thread Info