Do you sleep too good?

oliverblack77

Nov 4, 2018
Personally, I could not sleep when it is hot in the room and if there are some other irritants like light or noise. However, stress, irritation, anxiety or depression are the worst things that influence our capability to sleep. These are not physical factors but a psychological problem. So it is the right decision to address your doctor for help. Nevertheless, you should remember that our nervous system tends to get accustomed to meds, so you should change them from time to time. You should ask the dr for another prescription or you can find something with a similar effect. You could check some feedbacks on Canada Drugs Direct, maybe you would find smth that would work for you. But, remember that the sleep is essential for wellbeing and good relationships with your nearest and dearest. Hope youā€™ll solve the problem with your insomnia.*

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
prescriptions for everyone

JNhU5Tt.gif

on average you get 11 minutes extra sleep with sleeping pills and zero increase in quality so enjoy the side effects.

From my own experience I can say that mattress and pillow play a great role in quality of sleep. But if you have insomnia (I've been suffering for years), it is not enough to change them. I always sleep with open windows, even when it is cold outside. Also I go for a walk before going to bed (usually I walk my dog). And a warm bath works good. But still there are times when all this doesn't help, so I use CBD oil in such cases, it helps me to beat my sleeplessness.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Not me, haven't had a good night's sleep in a solid three years. Have severe cervical tinnitus that keeps my brain stimulated 24/7. Never lets me get a decent amount of sleep, even with max dosage of [generic] Lunesta or Ambien CR. I average about 3-4 hours of broken sleep per night. Maybe once a week or two I'll get an extra hour because I'm so fatigued from my brain not relaxing enough. Tried surgery for it, but it made it worse. That resulted in about 40-50% of hearing loss in the right ear so now I hear less to mask the tinnitus, making it seem louder.

The only thing that offers me relief from the tinnitus also acts as a stimulant (to me) so although it helps, I sleep even less. I'm okay with that during the day, however no doctor will give me an Rx for what I need, cause they don't believe me and they're all fucking paranoid.

Really sucks.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I used to sleep great but I have some personal and professional shit going on that has mind fucked me worse than I have ever been. Mostly small problems that seem huge to me. Anyways I have a hard time going to sleep then am up between 4-5 and hit the snooze for hours. I tried melatonin, 5HTP and even unisom. Sometimes they kind of work, sometimes not but now I wake up feeling groggy and like shit. Now that I can't go to the gym it's the worst it's been. This too shall pass...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Let's talk medical devices.

I sleep great unless...

My blood sugar rises to over 200. Then I get an alarm from my glucose monitor that wakes me up to take insulin.
My blood sugar drops to under 80. This is more fun because I have to get up and eat something while I'm half awake.
My blood sugar drops to under 60. If I sleep through the 80 alarm, the 60 alarm is more strident. Can't sleep through it. Now I'm getting up with low blood sugar to find some sugary item or orange juice while I'm half awake and the house is dark. Without waking up Amy.
My blood sugar drops at a fast rate. This alarm would wake the dead. At least it keeps me from going into a coma or dying in my sleep. Same routine as above.
My blood sugar drops below 50. Imagine a military barracks with a trumpet going off.
My insulin pump is running low on insulin. It alarms AND vibrates.
My insulin pump battery is running low. It keeps alarming until I get up and put a battery in.

Plus, I have not one, but two devices plugged into my skin at all times. Knock one of them off while sleeping and OMG! Make the noise stop!

A night without a device waking me up is a good night... Until Amy gets up at 4 A.M. and flips on the bathroom light.

Other than that, I sleep great.

oliverblack77

Nov 4, 2018
I am insomatic. Ambien works for the type of insomnia I have, so that's what I take for it. The way I figure it: my body requires sleep. There is no way I can ever "wean off" that need to sleep, and some day be cured of needing to sleep. I don't need to sleep all the time, just 5-8 hours every day. Ambien lets me do that. Very lucky no side effects. You should do your own research on Canada Drugs sleeping aids.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
For awhile now I've had people tell me I have a thyroid problem due to my sleeping pattern. I wanted the TCG Dr's opinions before I go in. But I'll still cough with my balls in your mouth if needed :s00ls:

I typically hit bed around 930-1030 and I am freaking out like a light until mid night piss or 2, but even after that it's like I hit the pillow and am dead cold out.

It can also be 8pm and I hit the couch with a movie and I'm out in minutes, with minimal signs of being tired. The gf will poke me and I'll wake up and grab something to drink or eat and then pass back out sitting up within minutes....

Other night we sat down to watch something and I don't even remember making it through the opening credits and was out cold.

I'm usually out the door for work around 530-6.

Keep in mind no excersize, poor diet, over weight.

Any thoughts?
Actually, Humans' natural sleeping pattern is normally broken up into usually two 4 hour blocks. Been a few articles about it.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I usually hit the bed around 9-9:30, wake-up around 5:30. And I do it all without an alarm. I have an alarm at 6, but that's the get the fuck in the shower alarm. There is an alarm around 6:30 which is get the fuck out the door alarm so I can be at work by 7AM.

I've always been an earlier riser, and more usual to most people, and early sleeper.

As a kid I wouldn't stay up at parties. I never needed a bed-time because I just would get tired and go to bed on my own. Didn't matter what party was going on around me, or how loud the music was. I'd find a chair, couch, bed and bam, sleep. There are multiple pictures of me as a kid showing this at parties.

I can stay up if I need to though. During the summer vacation months when I had a job in high school I'd switch to the night shift. Mostly because it had a shift bonus in pay.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I am insomatic. Ambien works for the type of insomnia I have, so that's what I take for it. The way I figure it: my body requires sleep. There is no way I can ever "wean off" that need to sleep, and some day be cured of needing to sleep. I don't need to sleep all the time, just 5-8 hours every day. Ambien lets me do that. Very lucky no side effects. You should do your own research on sleeping aids.
Iā€™ve been alternating Lunesta and Ambien each night. Think it gives me an extra 30-60 minutes of sleep. Itā€™s still really broken up though. Maybe two hours, then Iā€™m up for an hour, sleep an hour, up an hour.

Dr. gave me an Rx for Clonzepam to take as Iā€™m winding down for the day so that my brain is relaxed before I go for the sleep stuff. Will be trying it out this weekend.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I sleep like shit. I usually have no problem passing the fuck out if I'm tired, but the quality is awful. It used to be because my sleep apnea was waking me up. Now the CPAP is the problem. Friggen thing doesn't seal on my face and the sound of the broken seal is loud enough to wake me up. I can't win. It sucks because I did a good job hitting reset over the weekend. I should be refreshed, but I slept so bad last night that I'm going to have to sleep in the guest bedroom without the CPAP. That bed is better, and there will be no restless wife to kick me.

Basically, I feel like I'm half asleep all the time. I go to bed early, wake up late, and sometimes have to nap after work. It's never enough, and I hate it. My productivity is down the shitter. Better diet and exercise would probably help a lot though.

• Wow
Reactions: DEEZUZ

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I sleep like shit. I usually have no problem passing the fuck out if I'm tired, but the quality is awful. It used to be because my sleep apnea was waking me up. Now the CPAP is the problem. Friggen thing doesn't seal on my face and the sound of the broken seal is loud enough to wake me up. I can't win. It sucks because I did a good job hitting reset over the weekend. I should be refreshed, but I slept so bad last night that I'm going to have to sleep in the guest bedroom without the CPAP. That bed is better, and there will be no restless wife to kick me.

Basically, I feel like I'm half asleep all the time. I go to bed early, wake up late, and sometimes have to nap after work. It's never enough, and I hate it. My productivity is down the shitter. Better diet and exercise would probably help a lot though.
Get a different style or size mask then. The guy who fitted me did a great job and it has been life changing not having 100+ events per hour.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Get a different style or size mask then. The guy who fitted me did a great job and it has been life changing not having 100+ events per hour.
I was low 80's events per hour when I did my sleep study iirc. Now with my bi-pap machine, I'm averaging less than 5 and have some nights less than 1 per hour.
I really should. My guy gave no advice.
Mine either, I just eventually figured it out. Once in awhile I'll get leaks and I'm pretty good at adjusting it while I'm literally still half asleep.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info