do use or not to use x-pipe verses h-pipe

ASAULTMECH

Reaction score
i have a set of stingers on my 03 cobra, with a upr x-pipe. i like the sound of the stingers at idle and above 3000. i dont like the raspy sound it makes between 1500 and about 3000 when you accelerate on normal driving. i bought a set of quiet borlas and getting ready to put them on. i've been told that part of the problem is the x-pipe and that if i change to a h-pipe i'll loose the raspy sound. all help will be appreciated.
thank you

:gears:

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Reaction score
Mac Prochamber should get rid of that sound. It has an extra "muffler" in the X section to even out the sound.

LazyT747

SFI
Reaction score
get an h if u dont like the wrasp

sounds so sick with the wrasp tho

Cobratron

Reaction score
here's an exhaust clip of mine(Borla Stringers + H pipe) I don't like the raspy noise either

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V44zEbCKLY[/media]

1badass96gt

Reaction score
Pro-chamber. Like was said it has an extra "muffler". It is much closer to the headers than your true mufflers allowing to have a deeper sound (less rasp).

Redman

Bad a$$ 2V
Reaction score
Chambered mufflers have the nasty raspy sound when used with an offroad x pipe. Catted x & any h pipe sound good with a chambered muffler. Off road x pipes only sound good with a straight through muffler.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
UPR Off Road X Pipe
Magnaflow Catback

Carl and I used this setup. You can have a conversation inside the car when cruising and it sounds awesome at WOT. No drone.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
I have a Prochamber and Stingers now. No rasp whatsoever, and it's VERY loud and VERY deep. Prochambers go with just about anything, except SLP.

hj16

Tasty!
Reaction score
H-pipe + straight thru muffler = dump truck (add headers and it sounds like a big block on the sauce)

Prochamber + straight thru muffle = even tone

X-pipe + straight thru muffler = sreamer (without cats or headers it can get quite raspy though)

wizdawg

Reaction score
I had a o/r x on the car for about 3 days. Hated it. Took it off and put the stock pipe back on. Then I got a o/r prochamber, which I still have, and love it.

ITL Cobra

Reaction score
I have the stingers, and I had the UPR off road x pipe and hated it. I liked the sound at idle but at WOT it was too much... I have the bassani catted X now and love it...

IZZy