Do I need a tune yet?

Nachtsturm

Reaction score
My mods are only JLT Carbon Fiber Intake, and Magnaflow catback with a Magnaflow Catted X.

I did want to go to the track this weekend. But I will hold out if you guys think I should get tuned first for saftey reasons.

O

oohsoobad2

I'll say you dont need a tune, but it wouldnt hurt. It will also unlock more power.

Since 1964

Reaction score
You can open the hood and look at 435HP which you have now with a CB & CAI, but you could also be looking at another 40HP with a tune, however, for 700.00 frikn dollars I'd wait, that's just ridiculous, UNLESS, you can cut a deal for additional adjustments at 100.00-150.00 per for the future, such as a pulley and so on.
Tunes are typicaly $300.00 so just do the 2.76 pulley and get it over with....you'll be amazed.
Then at your next clutch get the blower ported, coolant mod, intercooler mods, D&D 26 spine input shaft, better clutch and freshen up the tune and bam 500 at the wheels.

OP
Nachtsturm

Nachtsturm

Reaction score
I put down 366whp with just and kandn and put down 370whp with the CF JLT CAI.

What do you think the exhaust put down? That is why I am thinking I need a tune.

shanker

Amateur Expert
Reaction score
The stock tune is pig rich. If you want to be sure just get a couple pulls on a dyno somewhere. That will tell you your A/F ratio. Check to see when the next dyno day is and sign up. I'd save the tune for when you get more mods or if there is an issue that the pull shows.

cobraj

Reaction score
Id put it on the dyno and check the a/f. My JLT leaned the shit out of my car.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
+1, the only true way to know if you need a tune or not is to datalog or dyno it...

Datalog requires LM1 or equivalent, but requires bung put in in before Cats.

Dyno, would use most likely a tail sniffer.

OP
Nachtsturm

Nachtsturm

Reaction score
Dangerously lean? Or just leaner.....

I don't want to break anything. If the cobra is running lean will it pull timing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom