DNA Report Says Subway Chicken Almost Half Soy and Added Water

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Yikes! Independent DNA testing of fast food chicken was reported as finding that Subway's chicken was substantially less "chicken" than other fast food outlets. McDonald's got 85% while Subway got numbers closer to 50%

Subway is crying FOUL!

It’s often reported that fast food chicken has added ingredients. But Subway says the CBC’s claims are false, at least concerning its chicken served in both the U.S. and Canada.

“The accusations made... about the content of our chicken are absolutely false and misleading,” a Subway spokesman told HuffPost in a statement. “Our chicken is 100% white meat with seasonings, marinated and delivered to our stores as a finished, cooked product... We do not know how [CBC News] produced such unreliable and factually incorrect data, but we are insisting on a full retraction.”

The news report includes results from DNA tests of chicken at a number of fast-food restaurants. McDonald’s and Wendy’s were found to have around 85 percent chicken DNA in their products. Subway’s results were dramatically lower: Its oven roasted chicken was found to have 53.6 percent chicken DNA, and its chicken strips came out to just 42.8 percent.

Subway Denies Report That Its Chicken Is Only About 54 Percent Meat | The Huffington Post

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
In other words, Subway is saying the report is "fake news". :smile: (Sorry, I had to throw that in for Mook)

All that needs to be done is another test (soon enough that Subway can't change the chicken). If Subway is telling the truth about their chicken being 100% chicken they should do the test tomorrow.

Either the report is somehow way off, or Subway knows it's chicken is only half chicken and is lying or Subway's suppliers have been lying to them. Gotta be one of the three.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i'm working US business hours and where i'm at right now i have virtually no food options at US lunch time, outside a mcd's and subway. everything at the subway, particularly every single kind of meat, looks pretty gross. my other option is random street or strange open at 3 am outdoor food places, which scare my western sensibilities off, but still look a lot better than that damn subway

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Subway chicken is gross. I've gotten more gristle and chunks of weird shit than any other of the meats. Except when you catch a piece of bone or whatever in the "steak".

All I get from subway if I have to is the spicy italian. I feel like the cold cuts are pretty much on par with any other crappy cold cuts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info