🏡 Better Homes DIY Gutters?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
My house doesn't have gutters.

Had anybody done them?

Looking at 100 feet. With only 2 corners. Shouldn't be that hard..?
Have them done by someone so theyre one seamless piece IMO.

10 foot pieces with seams looks worse and more potential for leaks in the future.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Have them done by someone so theyre one seamless piece IMO.

10 foot pieces with seams looks worse and more potential for leaks in the future.
water tank GIF

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I have zero concerns for future issues/leaks. Lol.

Anything is better than what I have now.
Well then there you go. theyre not hard, just put a slight slope to them towards the downspouts. Make sure the fascia is solid to hold the mounting hardware and youll be good.

If you have a bunch of trees and shit in the area I would put a gutter guard on them too so youre not cleaning them twice a year. I used these from Home Depot and they work great:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
From my pal that's local

"good luck finding someone, I've been trying to get gutters on my house and shop for a couple years, dozen calls, only ONE company even showed up to give an estimate, style craft, 268' of gutters was $4400. seemed excessive but I have no one to compare it too since no one else can bother to even return a call or show up for an estimate."

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
From my pal that's local

"good luck finding someone, I've been trying to get gutters on my house and shop for a couple years, dozen calls, only ONE company even showed up to give an estimate, style craft, 268' of gutters was $4400. seemed excessive but I have no one to compare it too since no one else can bother to even return a call or show up for an estimate."
I'm doing them myself. $500 in material and an afternoon with my dad this spring or summer.

Gabled roof makes life simple. One long 64' length on the back, and a 64' front length split into two runs because of the cross gable over the front door. 8' entry way since it's an angled roof.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I'm doing them myself. $500 in material and an afternoon with my dad this spring or summer.

Gabled roof makes life simple. One long 64' length on the back, and a 64' front length split into two runs because of the cross gable over the front door. 8' entry way since it's an angled roof.
That's where I'm at with it currently.
I hate having people do work.

At least if I do it myself I have myself to blame only.

• Haha
Reactions: Chester Copperpot

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I have to put one on the back of my house just got quoted 750 for a 25’ straight run with a downspout that has to do a bit of a jog and is 15’ high, it seems a bit high but I called this place like 2 hours ago and the guy already stopped by and wrote me out a quote

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info