• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical DIY alignments

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I was just looking at this kit to perform at home DIY alignments. The instructions are pretty clear and it seems easy enough to do. All you need to buy is some 3/4” pipe from a home improvment store. Seems like you’d be able to set this up and take it down relatively quickly.
This year I had thalmans set my camber at -2 front, -1.5 in the rear which was a good compromise for track and daily driving. Next year I want to go more aggressive for track days but don’t want to run that for the street and I don’t want to pay the money nor have the time to have my car at a shop after every event.
It would also be good to be able to check and see if alignment settings are holding after a track day.
Anybody do “at home alignments”? What do you think of the kit?
You’d also need to buy a camber gauge. All in you’d probably be around $150-160

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Camber gauge and a couple of straight edges and tape measures will get you close but nothing like a laser alignment will. I've got a pair of plates even but it's so much easier to just out it on a rack and have it done than it is to fight underneath of somethin so it stays on a flat surface with the suspension loaded.

Reactions: Eagle

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
FB_IMG_1668648352746.jpg

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I just have a caster plates and a camber gauge. I set my mazda3 to 0 toe or toe out before the summer for track days. Camber is pretty set it and forget it on my car.

Strings are easier and a little more reliable. Its just something that takes a bit of practice.

A couple people I know uses something like this. Easy to keep packed up in the trailer

And 2 people I know use wheelstands as it makes things a little more consitent and easier to make changes.

1670513184957.png

Also old style fishing reels

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info