Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Netflix is gonna be in some deep shit methinks.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/11/disney-plus/
https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/11/disney-plus-price/

After spending more than an hour laying out all of the content coming to Disney+ and showing off its apps, Disney revealed what we came to find out: the price. Disney+ will cost $6.99 per month, or on an annual basis for $69.99, and those interested can sign up for updates here. We also have a launch date, set for November 12th.

Just to recap: In year one Disney is promising all of the Pixar library, everything Star Wars, a lot of the MCU, and much more. By year five, it expects 50+ original series, 10,000+ past episodes and 500+ movies in the library. It closed the content announce by revealing that The Simpsons will be a Disney Plus streaming exclusive when the service launches.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
This was neat -

At the investor conference where Disney revealed all of these details, it also mentioned the expectation that Disney+ would lose as much as a billion dollars in 2020, with losses peaking between 2020 and 2022, before expected profitability in 2024. From the sound of things, the company is willing to lose all of that money to fight Netflix (and all other competitors) for several years, so at the least it could be a while before there are any price hikes.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Hulu needs to step up their game tho and start offering stuff in 4k / HDR and oddly enough, 5.1 audio. Their audio is fucking AWFUL...just terrible. So bad.

They lag behind Netflix and Amazon in that regard...but I find myself using Hulu WAY more than the other two.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I plan on getting disney+ need Marvel content!

That's what I like to hear.... Make my stocks go UP! My non-professional opinion is that Disney stock will go up to around $160's when Disney+ comes out. They've been hitting their 52wk highs pretty frequently lately.

On topic though.... I will also be getting Disney+ but as a stand alone. I don't have nor use Hulu.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I thought this was the norm now. LOL.

Part of me wants to save the money and just continue on continuing on, but part of me also wants to just get the D+ since it stupid cheap.

If you’re tech savvy and want to go through the trouble.

Downloading an app or going to a web player is pretty fucking simple.

It’s like asking why people don’t change their own oil.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
If you’re tech savvy and want to go through the trouble.

Downloading an app or going to a web player is pretty fucking simple.

It’s like asking why people don’t change their own oil.

People dont change their own oil or build their own computer because that requires working with your hands and having technical knowhow.

People download and move files around all day. Even on their phones. Its not really hard at all to get Plex working, and its even on streaming devices and has a web player like Netflix and such.

You are comparing software to hardware basically. :hsughlol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info