đź“° Auto News Discount Tire to acquire Tire Rack

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
His name is Lee Hogan, one man operation. The guys is truly an expert at his craft. His phone number is (847) 640-8019, you’ll need to set an appointment.

150 Seegers Ave, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Yeah, I had a deal from DT to do the mounting, but honestly, I just should have had them shipped to Lee and had him do the mounting.

I'm not happy with the amount of weight DT used to balance my new rims. I can't imaging the rims are THAT bad. Plus one tech used black weights, (coincidentally the wheels with black weights use much LESS weight), while the wheels with Silver have what feels like way too many.

Will probably have Lee re-balance the tires.

Reactions: IZZy and greasy

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
His name is Lee Hogan, one man operation. The guys is truly an expert at his craft. His phone number is (847) 640-8019, you’ll need to set an appointment.

150 Seegers Ave, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Thank you, I prefer to deal with a one man shop vs a chain store, I got some billet specialties that I’ll be taking to him!

Reactions: greasy

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I switched discount tire stores and no issues so far. I was using the Algonquin store on Algonquin Road. Now using Palatine. Appointments readily available as long as I am not looking for day of. When I got my snow tires mounted I showed up at 745 for a 800 appointment. (I was first one waiting) I sat in my car untill 3 other people arrived, got out, and waited by the door for them to unlock it. I got "in line" also. The guy opening the door made sure he got me in first as I was the first guy waiting. That was nice.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I love DTC. Every time I've strayed away due to not having one nearby, it's bitten me in the ass. Tire Barn takes dumb employees to whole new level. Then they give them and alignment rack. My local Tire Barns have no way of dealing with a TPMS of any type. WHAT YEAR IS IT?!

R&R just has shit customer service and doesn't know how to use their alignment rack.

The local shop is only still in business because they pray off desperate people being towed in from the interstate. They charge way more than any place I've seen, fuck up your wheels, and offer no sort of warranty. It's mainly an old boys club in there.

DTC has a new location right next to my work. Since this hick-ass town for some reason already has two independent tire shops, a Tire Barn, an R&R, AND a Belle Tire, none of these places are exactly busy. :LOL: I tried the DTC here since I figured it was a shorter wait than going to the one by my house. I ordered tires, showed up the next day even though my appointment was the day after, and left the store on new tires in 20 min. I had a guy for each wheel because I was the only customer there. They even managed to stop the leak in my cracked wheel. which is probably dumb luck, but still a bonus.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info