Discount Tire Rant

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Technically, anything on the last section of tread is considered too close to the shoulder to be repaired per most corporate policies. I've plugged/patch them there though and never had issues.

If they told me that before rendering my truck as disabled unless I made a purchase from them I would have been fine with that.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
If they told me that before rendering my truck as disabled unless I made a purchase from them I would have been fine with that.

they can’t legally hold your vehicle if you ask for it back, no matter their policy. Tell them you’re calling the police and your attorney. I’ve had to do that to a dealer before, they were very quick to give me my keys and car back, without extra charges.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Their "it's too close to the sidewall" argument doesn't hold weight because they tried to fix it. If that were true, they shouldn't have touched it. They should have given you the replacement tire for free........to ream out the hole so that no DIY plug will work, then say "whelp it's fucked", is bullshit.

That's definitely fixable IMO, but as stated it is close to the edge of what most corpo tire places would fix.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Gets the best tire price possible and gets free install then complains about how busy their stores are.

Hey Colombo, you ever think that because of those dirt cheap prices that everyone and their mother want to go there?

My original post was asking if all Discount Tire stores are now like this. (No phone answering, hard to get appointments, etc) I bought tires from them in years past and didn't have these issues. Been using the Algonquin store since I moved out here so wondering if it is an issue with that store or what?

I have been not making appointments for rotations and just showing up before the store opens. Seems to work out better. In and out in under an hour most of the time.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
they can’t legally hold your vehicle if you ask for it back, no matter their policy. Tell them you’re calling the police and your attorney. I’ve had to do that to a dealer before, they were very quick to give me my keys and car back, without extra charges.

After a few minutes arguing and not getting anywhere just told them to put the cheap tire they had in stock the truck and give me the original. I will get the tire patched somewhere else. About 8 people in line behind me half looked sick. A few days before the "lock down". I just wanted to get the fuck out of that store.

svtcobra725

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
I’m just here waiting for my tires that I got the warranty on to be used enough before the 3 years and accidentally run over a nail or 2 near the sidewall.
giphy.gif

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
It's a Pirelli P Zero. Discount Tire $273. $184 on Amazon.

Filled out Discount Tire's price match form. I'm guessing they will find an excuse not to match.

Much to my surprise, they matched the price! Took $89 off the price. (y)

They also are doing the social distancing thing well. They come out to your car so you don't have to stand inside with other customers.

They are also very slow, so no waiting.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So I plan to go to Discount to put tires on my 2019 Ram 2500, hitting up the new shop in Johnsburg for the work.

Planning on going with the General Grabber ATX in 35x12.5/20s if they'll let me.

if they letchya? tell em they ain't got no choice

or text me and ill tell you where to go and they'll do same price as DT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info