Disabling VATS Camaro L36 PCM or OS writeover

bs009

Reaction score
So for my l36 swap that I'm working on right now, I'm having trouble turning off the VATs system. Right now the engine fires right up and then promptly dies though after about 3 or 4 seconds. Fuel pressure is great.

The table here is set to disable the VATS, but it seems like that was not enough to get the job done.

I read from David Norris's swap when he used the same PCM that he fixed this issue by using a PCM from a 99 GTP. Seems like there might be some consensus that GTP pcms play nicer with swaps?

I know that there are two wires in the pcm to enable the starter and the injectors that needed to be grounded, and I'm sure I grounded those.

I'm wondering if there is some other table that I need to look at or something else that I might have missed to disable the VATS system.

Would I be able to write the OS of a 99 GTP onto my 98 L36 Camaro's PCM? I know that we are typically referred to GM's site to see what OS's are compatible with each pcm. Any Thoughts?

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
What ever year engine you have, I would start with that year grand prix pcm.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
All of my swab have used 98 or 99 Regal or GTP files.
They are very well mapped out and they don't have the BCM controled vats / passkey.

bs009

Reaction score
So I thought I'd play with the Camaro bin file before switching over to the GP bin, and apparently the correct value to disable theft deterrent was 0 :roflwtf:

Car runs now with the Camaro OS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom