Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Courtesy of a script from Damon Lindelof (Watchmen, The Leftovers, Lost and more). More details just dropped today...

Word is they came up with the story for this new film in that writers room and now it's up to Lindelof and Britt-Gibson to fashion a script out of it, which looks to be a direct followup to "The Rise of Skywalker." Here's where it gets a little muddy: THR's sources say that the story does take place after "Episode 9" and could very well involve characters from the sequel trilogy, but it's apparently not considered a "saga film," meaning it's not going to be "Star Wars: Episode 10."

So far, all the "Star Wars Story" style spin-offs have been around the original and prequel trilogies, so this will be the first one to come out in the wake of the sequel trilogy.

Reactions: blue-sun

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Disappointed Chris Farley GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 219Cobra

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
It might not be a saga sequel, but just a follow up to ep9. Who knows. Either way, with Lindelof writing, I'm optimistic.

Sprayin Sprayin
They play it like they did RO and put very very subtle cameos, I'm down. Except Rey. With Lindelof writing I expect it to be spectacular for the first 95% of it then have a horrible ending that feels like they forgot to finish.

• Haha
Reactions: Mook

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I want none of this. The sequels were trash and shit all over the characters from the original trilogy. Each one got worse.
Han was the only character that was done right. But other than that I agree. The sequel trilogy took a huge turn to shitsville as soon as they decided to have a different director on each film with no over arching story.

1666703469647.png

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
The OT used 3 different directors in George Lucas, Irvin Kershner and Richard Marquand, so that isn't the problem.

The problem is there wasn't a story in place like there was in the OT. JJ started okay, but when they let the next dipshit off the reservation with his own spin on star wars....well....we all see how that went.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
a different director on each film with no over arching story

The OT used 3 different directors in George Lucas, Irvin Kershner and Richard Marquand, so that isn't the problem.

The problem is there wasn't a story in place like there was in the OT. JJ started okay, but when they let the next dipshit off the reservation with his own spin on star wars....well....we all see how that went.
I know there were different directors for the OT. Lucas was still very involved and had the story laid out. Disney let each director just wing it, or so it seemed. They needed JJ to come back for Ep.9 and somehow he fucked it up even worse but given the steaming pile of shit Johnson gave him, there was no saving it. I agree that TFA was a good start.

• Haha
Reactions: Huggerorange73

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
I know there were different directors for the OT. Lucas was still very involved and had the story laid out. Disney let each director just wing it, or so it seemed. They needed JJ to come back for Ep.9 and somehow he fucked it up even worse but given the steaming pile of shit Johnson gave him, there was no saving it. I agree that TFA was a good start.
They should have just used George's story for 7/8/9 and handed it off to the directors they wanted to use.

Had they done that, I think it would have been a much better product.

Instead we got woke Disney trash, that shit all over the OT.....why this was done, or what the expected outcome of it remains a mystery to me.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
It's not like the first movies were really planned out either though. They made that shit up as they went also. They didn't have vader as Luke's father or the twins shit realized until after the 1st movie. And a lot of Lucas's original ideas for the movie are crazy, you don't want to leave that guy alone for too long.

7,8,9 is an impossible series to make of you're going to include the original characters. The original characters story's came to an end so bringing them back in just ruined it. The first one is good because there's barely any Luke skywalker. And they just never could figure out the villain for these and then they gave up on 9 and just brought back Palpatine and 1000 star destroyers and called it a day.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
*They're gone. From what I understand they handed in a script and walked. Basically don't want to be around for months/years dealing with re-writes.
ā€œI will just say, that for reasons that I canā€™t get into on this Sunday morning, on this day, the degree of difficulty is extremely, extremely, extremely high. If [the film] canā€™t be great, it shouldnā€™t exist,ā€ shared Lindelof. ā€œThatā€™s all Iā€™ll say, because I have the same association with [Star Wars] as you do, which is, itā€™s the first movie I saw sitting in my dadā€™s lap, four years old, May of ā€™77. I think itā€™s possible that sometimes when you hold something in such high reverence and esteem, you start to get in the kitchen and you just go, ā€˜Maybe I shouldnā€™t be cooking. Maybe I should just be eating.ā€™ Weā€™ll just leave it at that point.ā€

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info