Diff btw 09 Mustang Conv't and Hardtop Body

rowekmr

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello
I have a 09 Mustang GT/CS convertible that has a front hit and need body parts and was wondering if a convertible body is just a hard top with the top cut off and all the body parts identical or are some incompatible.
The parts I need for this convertible is basically whole left side of car
fender/hood
strut tower/frame
door
rear quarter

Will these parts from a 05-09 hardtop fit or should I look at only convertibles (harder to find) at auctions/parts yards?

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Hello
I have a 09 Mustang GT/CS convertible that has a front hit and need body parts and was wondering if a convertible body is just a hard top with the top cut off and all the body parts identical or are some incompatible.
The parts I need for this convertible is basically whole left side of car
fender/hood
strut tower/frame
door
rear quarter

Will these parts from a 05-09 hardtop fit or should I look at only convertibles (harder to find) at auctions/parts yards?
Fender/hood are the same to my understanding
Strut tower should be the same, the GT Verts all came with braces IIRC
The doors on the hardtop and vert are both Frameless, but I’m unsure if they are interchangeable, I’m sure Co-Part could confirm that easily.
Rear quarter is different at the top to contour with the vert top, don’t know how extreme your damage is, but past where the top contour is they are the same.

OP
rowekmr

rowekmr

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Ok thanks that is what I was thinking.
Fender/hood are the same to my understanding
Strut tower should be the same, the GT Verts all came with braces IIRC
The doors on the hardtop and vert are both Frameless, but I’m unsure if they are interchangeable, I’m sure Co-Part could confirm that easily.
Rear quarter is different at the top to contour with the vert top, don’t know how extreme your damage is, but past where the top contour is they are the same.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
Quarters and inner quarters are different. A vert will have additional structural supports through out the floor and rockers because the lack to using a roof to add stiffness to the car.

OP
rowekmr

rowekmr

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone finally got it all together

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom