On Topic Didn't we have some flashlight snobs on here? Help me pick out a new flashlight

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well the flashlight I bought about a year ago died, and I'm looking to buy a new one that is of better quality. This one was just a cheaper Chinese knock-off kind of light, and I'm hoping to find a better one.

The use is general, usually to scope out the back yard for opossums/skunks/raccoons before I let my dogs outside, then just general stuff around the house.

I'd like to have an adjustable beam if possible, so I'm not lighting up the neighbors behind me.

I'd like it to be USB rechargeable if possible.

I'd like to be under $125 or so if possible.

OP
BADAZZTEALCOBRA

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't need a Damascus Flashlight or anything....

Bunch of rich bastards on here. :s00ls:

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Just get a big, fat Stanley Fat Max. It doesn't have adjustable beam, but is a pistol grip style and has plenty of lighting power, and rechargeable, although mine being an older model, it isn't USB rechargeable, so I don't know if the newer ones have this feature. Just looked it up, newer ones have USB charging. The other thing, is this thing is useful for working on cars, working around the house, etc... The flip out stand supports it and the one pull trigger keeps the light going. I was crawling through a crawl space at the other house to do some duct work and it was nice to have both hands free while this light shined bright as hell in there.

I think this is ~2,200 lumens.
Stanley Fat Max.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
once we find this guy a flashlight is also like some suggestions if someone has experience with 90* flashlights. Looking for something for night time walking.

EmersonHart13

UNSUBSCRIBE
Donating Member
Reaction score

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Sanity Clause keeps bringing me some every year so I have assorted ones scattered throughout the house and car.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have this one for taking the dog out and spying out things in the night. Works well. Don't point it at your eyes.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
These harbor freight specials are suppose to be pretty nice for the money and you can usually snag a coupon making them $25. Rechargeable and they cover a wide angle from what I understand. Also has a magnet in the base so you can stick it.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Just get a big, fat Stanley Fat Max. It doesn't have adjustable beam, but is a pistol grip style and has plenty of lighting power, and rechargeable, although mine being an older model, it isn't USB rechargeable, so I don't know if the newer ones have this feature. Just looked it up, newer ones have USB charging. The other thing, is this thing is useful for working on cars, working around the house, etc... The flip out stand supports it and the one pull trigger keeps the light going. I was crawling through a crawl space at the other house to do some duct work and it was nice to have both hands free while this light shined bright as hell in there.

I think this is ~2,200 lumens.
View attachment 47730
Don't get this. Junk for the size :rofl:

You aint pocket carrying that

Lord Tin Foilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
What features do you want other then an adjustable beam? Magnetic tail? Side switch? Tail switch? Strobes?

You want throwy or floody?

I have about 8-10 flashlights now :rofl: all range from $20-80.

A few on turbo mode will start fires like starting paper on fire or burning a hole in your pants :rofl:

I have a couple that have some really cool modes and menus, moonlight mode, lightning storm, candle light, slow mo strobe, tacital strobe and will also give you battery life in little flashes.

Lord Tin Foilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
But I don't pocket carry it. It was never intended to be a pocket light. It's a big, powerful, workhorse spotlight that I have yet to see anything posted in this thread that matches it in lumen output.
When I get home I'll post some beam shots :rofl:

FW3A puts out 2800 lumens and it's pocket sized

20191213_165735.jpg

Lord Tin Foilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
But I don't pocket carry it. It was never intended to be a pocket light. It's a big, powerful, workhorse spotlight.
The picture on Amazon is hilarious though. You know how blinded that guy would be??? :rofl: you ain't seeing any cables, just a big bright blinding spot hahaha

Screenshot_20200103-160750.png

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll try to add to this later when I get home to my monster light. Hopefully I can keep up with the tcges

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Still on the same batteries they sent with it. 4 years and still going strong. Use it maybe once or twice a month maybe.

20200103_162457.jpg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I have a bunch of old 18650 powered cree bulb flashlights that are years old and funny enough 2 MagLights 3D cell ones from ULine that I put LED bulbs in. One of The mag lights lights is using 3D cells. The other one is using rechargeable AA’s with D cell adapters so it’s nice and light but still looks the part. Also a 3 bulb horizontal layout LED flashlight. Ohh and a head torch that has an external battery pack with a brick of 4 18650 cells that I also use on my bicycle with a lens that converts the beam to a flat wide pattern.

I have to stay out of this thread as my will kill me if I buy more flashlights. LOL!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom