đź“° Auto News Did GM just tease a Corvette SUV and will it be an EV??

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

General Motors has dropped some big news at the 2021 Consumer Electronics Show relating to the future of the company, including an all-new brand called BrightDrop. It's focused on the business-to-business side of electric mobility, but thankfully, that's not what this post is about. This post is much more exciting than MOBILITY. Instead, we're going to speculate on cars GM previewed in a short video about its future offerings, one of which is an SUV that boasts a striking resemblance to the Corvette C8.

AF27E4EC-58AD-4B7A-9955-8AC5ABDC9E3B.jpeg

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I posted this in the C8 thread and got no love. However, I THOUGHT I read an article after this presentation that said its NOT a vette suv and totally shot the rumor down. I'd have to find it. But I mean, it makes sense.

The rumors of GM wanting to turn Corvette into its own line / brand has been around for awhile now, and Ford is doing it with the Mustang....and once Chevy drops the Camaro, what else they got? Corvette is gonna have to lead the way.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
GM talking about how they are the leaders in EV technology and showcasing a bunch of shadowy silhouettes? business as usual. theyve been talking for years how they are going to have 20 EV models by 2021 and of course it’s all lip service. Even the updated bolt doesnt come out till 2022 will look almost identical to the current one and use the same powertrain. Then you have the bolt EUV which is just a rebranded Buick Velite 7 which has been out in China for years will be coming out after that. Then the hummer and some random caddy CUVs that end in “yq”. Really leading the pack there GM. In 2 years you’ll have a few cars that have embarrassingly short ranges

Reactions: Turbocharged400sbc
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info