Did a stupid thing; Travel Trailer

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Pulled the trigger on a Grey Wolf Bunkhouse Travel Trailer and went camping this weekend with it and had a fantastic time

roXiTCl.jpg

uJv0PHu.jpg

Eq11SUg.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
[MENTION=10343]Bub[/MENTION]

Sits nice with that WD hitch on it. Whats it weigh? Burb pulls good I'd guess?

I was shocked how easy it was to tow; its 4500lbs dry and 26 foot long (29 tip to tail). With the brake controller bringing it back down is a breeze, the hitch likely had a big part to play in the stability as well.

Power wise it isn’t anything to write home about, but it made it up the hill through downtown Geneva which I assumed would be super sketchy.

Congrats. next will be one with slide out sides!

Actively avoided slides this time; more to leak, more to fail, more to let bugs in.

Nice purchase man! When you have kids I think they can be a great investment. Vacations get expensive, being able to run out somewhere fun for a long weekend and having predictable expenses is awesome.

Yea, soft math with my daughter and wife, boarding the dogs, it adds up crazy fast. I also think about stuff like the TSA alone with a toddler and understand why people snap.......

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Nice purchase man! When you have kids I think they can be a great investment. Vacations get expensive, being able to run out somewhere fun for a long weekend and having predictable expenses is awesome.

I used to camp every weekend when I was a kid. Unfortunately camping isn't as cheap as one would think. Water/Electric sites are about $50 a night at most places. Still way cheaper than staying at a hotel or cabin.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I was shocked how easy it was to tow; its 4500lbs dry and 26 foot long (29 tip to tail). With the brake controller bringing it back down is a breeze, the hitch likely had a big part to play in the stability as well.

Power wise it isn’t anything to write home about, but it made it up the hill through downtown Geneva which I assumed would be super sketchy.

Actively avoided slides this time; more to leak, more to fail, more to let bugs in.

Yea, soft math with my daughter and wife, boarding the dogs, it adds up crazy fast. I also think about stuff like the TSA alone with a toddler and understand why people snap.......

I know those hills well, go up/down them 100 times on the weekends for job#2.

So you moved? Maybe I missed the house purchase.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Let me know! I’m interested heavily in more scenic locations especially.

I really depends on how far you want to drive. I would say the State Parks offer a more scenic experience but you might give up some amenities. If you are looking for something close I like White Pines State Park in Oregon. Although I am not sure if they offer water/electric. If you can stomach the traffic and the people Wisconsin Dells is a great area to camp. No joke like over a dozen State Parks within a hours drive. OR if you like tourist shit you will find anything you want. One of the most memorable campgrounds I've been do was right on Lake Huron. It had a great view of the Mackinac Bridge. Looking at maps looks like it might have been Straits State Park.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info