The Burb down at the farm, Mirrors out!

N5ohSEq.jpg

Blow Out on the way home....

6lj8rY9.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Hopefully you got the tire taken care of easily. I've read the most common cause of blowouts is not covering the tires and having UV damage. I bought some stupid cheap tire covers on Amazon and throw em on whenever we park. Looks like a nice rig otherwise

Trailer and Tires were brand new;

I'm like 99% convinced that I actually punctured the lead axle down at the farm and then the tire basically fell apart on the highway from being low/no pressure.

but yea, I've been looking at tire covers as well.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Smokey Mountain National Park. Make it so. The go to Badlands.

How much if you dont mind me asking? Ive really thought about something like this since I prefer road trips to flying places.

We got the trailer for $13,999, MSRP was something silly like $27,999

For a 26 foot Bunkhouse with all the feature content it was pretty hard to beat, especially with the more modern styling of the Grey Wolf interior and exterior.

I could have gotten a 20 foot Coleman or Bullit for similar money, but they wouldn’t have the jackknife sofa and weight just as much.

I paid $700 for the Equalizer hitch and another $200 for the brake controller. I was aware going in for both that “I could have gotten those a bit cheaper else where and done it myself”, but frankly didn’t care.

I spent another probably $1000 in “Stuff” primarily online; a Roadtrip LXE Grill and adapter than runs off the trailers propane so I don’t need separate tanks, leveling pads, septic pipe, remote tire pressure monitor system for the trailer and suburban after the blowout, a TV with built in DVD player, etc, etc.

I also ended up shelling $1200 for 5 year ESP, because I don’t know how any of this witchcraft works, nor do I especially want to troubleshoot (ESP was also something silly like $4000)

I can get the ESP refunded completely on the first few weeks if I wanted to walk away from it, but I like the piece of mind honestly given that manufacturer warranty is only a year for most things.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Aaaaand I spent another $250 just now on a Ryobi ever charge lantern (so I can leave my Ryobi hybrid shop flood light at home), a Ryobi inflator (air mattress and tire so I can leave my tire inflator at home), and a new Ryobi 1/2 impact gun/bag/4AH battery (so I can leave my old on with the trailer for the levelers and emergency tire changes)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
[MENTION=126]Dasfinc[/MENTION]

I tent camped at Marango Ridge/Thomas Woods over the weekend. Closest campground to my house that isn't a KOA or similar. I don't really like camping right next to others and at places that are more like a amusement park. Very nice wooded sites and grounds. Beautiful area with miles of hiking trails. Only downside is that only two sites have water/electric and they don't have showers or running water in the bathrooms. BUT it is $12 a night.

Individual Camping Reservations – Thomas Woods | McHenry County Conservation District

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

We've gone camping 3 times with it in the past month and a half, and are going again this weekend to Rock Cut National Park for Fri-Sat Night with our daughter and the dogs again.

I had a minor "Learning Experience" flushing the black tank for the first time at the last camp ground we are at, which was entertaining.

I also got a brand new GoodYear tire from the blowout I had and I'm going to move tires around though to put it as a "Rear" so I can let one of the garbage china bombs eat road debri before it takes out my nice new Goodyear one. Hopefully I'll have time to install the TPMS System as well.

The trailer is pretty well loaded up now (Camping supplies, our little TV with built in DVD Player, tolietries, snacks, etc, etc, etc), and everything has been working well which has been a relief given lots of quality horror stories that are common for new campers.

The Burb will get all of its fluids flushed after this next trip for piece of mind going into fall and continuing to tow. (Trans, Coolant, Oil, Diff/Xfer case). Still need to get around to its header gasket and a bit of cosmetics but it's been a tank.

The last trip we took I had finally replaced the rear shocks on the burb and that made a noticeable difference on the highway going over undulations as that was the only real thing that bothered me towing our first times out (I'd already replaced the fronts before towing with it since I had it apart from the wheel bearings before).

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Also why not just replace all 4 tires??? You said its a '14 right??? It's been sitting in a lot uncovered. I wouldn't risk it personally

Oh no, its brand new, 2020. The tires on it are just crap in general from the factory, so I plan on switching any failures over to the Goodyears.

Please tell black tank story.

I dumped the blank tank and hooked up the flush and thought I was done after running the flush for a while.

I stopped everything, checked the gauges, and it said the black tank was still 1/3rd full so I went :angrys00ls:.

Closed the dump, and put water into the black tank from the external flush hookup thinking by putting more water in there it'd knock whatever loose off the sensor.

You can imagine I didn't re-open the dump quickly enough, so the water ventured back out of the toliet EXTREMELY briefly (Heard it immediatly and cut everything off).

Thankfully the tank was already cleaned out, and the trailer was new so it was minimal use and there was no dark matter coming back up out of the toilet, just a brief "not really clean water" backup, but I won't make that mistake again. Ice next time I've been told, that and the indicator gauges suck for Black tanks in general.

:hs:

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
But Bub didn't get to play in poo water. :hsughlol:
This is true. My only neato tale was that I payed the $20 for a year of good Sam for the free dump station being a few miles from my house. And during first hook up on their equipment I see a pinhole leak in the hose. TOT camping world employee. (The tanks were filled with water and bleach to sanitize and flush from when we bought it) anywho some guy came out and unhooked, bleached the ground and grabbed new hoses.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info