Did a stupid thing; Travel Trailer

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Have you rented one before so that you know for sure that's what would suit you? I couldn't tell from your post-it sounded like you hadn't. So, that would be my first move - always try rv rental before you consider buying-especially such a huge investment.

My wife grew up RV/Trailer camping, so we knew we'd get the use out of one in general as our Daughter is growing up.

As far as the "What suites you", our requirements pretty much mandated a Bunkhouse model, of which each brand basically has 1 layout/option and all are VERY similar so it just boiled down what features we wanted.

When we went looking it was primarily the 20 foot Bunkhouse models across various brands but the Grey Wolf 26 foot one had a much more modern interior (both in style and in features) with an extra 6 feet and a Jack knife sofa so it made the decision pretty easy.

There were 2 other ones that closely fit the bill, but 1 was significantly more (Keystone Bullet), the other had a slide (Coleman). Everyone I know with travel trailers that have slides bitch about the slides, either mice eat the wires, or it binds up, or the motor dies, etc, etc, etc. Being able to pull up and Drop the trailer and be done is exceptionally nice, a quick way to ruin camping is to get stuck fighting problems with your trailer/camper.

We initially tried renting a few times and had to keep scrapping it simply because of the challenges of GETTING to the renter's location that had a BH that was OK with Dogs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info