Did a stupid thing; Travel Trailer

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a Grey Wolf Bunkhouse Travel Trailer and went camping this weekend with it and had a fantastic time

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=10343]Bub[/MENTION]

Sits nice with that WD hitch on it. Whats it weigh? Burb pulls good I'd guess?

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Congrats. next will be one with slide out sides!

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nice purchase man! When you have kids I think they can be a great investment. Vacations get expensive, being able to run out somewhere fun for a long weekend and having predictable expenses is awesome.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
What's it look like inside?

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
He is already there if I recall correctly... Not sure how many though

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nice. I think I'm most jealous of the electric tongue back lol. My poverty crank is getting old.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
[MENTION=10343]Bub[/MENTION]

Sits nice with that WD hitch on it. Whats it weigh? Burb pulls good I'd guess?
I was shocked how easy it was to tow; its 4500lbs dry and 26 foot long (29 tip to tail). With the brake controller bringing it back down is a breeze, the hitch likely had a big part to play in the stability as well.

Power wise it isn’t anything to write home about, but it made it up the hill through downtown Geneva which I assumed would be super sketchy.

Congrats. next will be one with slide out sides!
Actively avoided slides this time; more to leak, more to fail, more to let bugs in.

Nice purchase man! When you have kids I think they can be a great investment. Vacations get expensive, being able to run out somewhere fun for a long weekend and having predictable expenses is awesome.
Yea, soft math with my daughter and wife, boarding the dogs, it adds up crazy fast. I also think about stuff like the TSA alone with a toddler and understand why people snap.......

PANDA

Reaction score
I used to camp every weekend when I was a kid. Unfortunately camping isn't as cheap as one would think. Water/Electric sites are about $50 a night at most places. Still way cheaper than staying at a hotel or cabin.

PANDA

Reaction score
Nice camper dasfinc. 4500# seems very reasonable for that size of camper. If you need any recommendations of places to visit let me know. I have been pretty much everywhere in IL or Wisconsin.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Nice camper dasfinc. 4500# seems very reasonable for that size of camper. If you need any recommendations of places to visit let me know. I have been pretty much everywhere in IL or Wisconsin.
Let me know! I’m interested heavily in more scenic locations especially.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I was shocked how easy it was to tow; its 4500lbs dry and 26 foot long (29 tip to tail). With the brake controller bringing it back down is a breeze, the hitch likely had a big part to play in the stability as well.

Power wise it isn’t anything to write home about, but it made it up the hill through downtown Geneva which I assumed would be super sketchy.

Actively avoided slides this time; more to leak, more to fail, more to let bugs in.

Yea, soft math with my daughter and wife, boarding the dogs, it adds up crazy fast. I also think about stuff like the TSA alone with a toddler and understand why people snap.......
I know those hills well, go up/down them 100 times on the weekends for job#2.

So you moved? Maybe I missed the house purchase.

PANDA

Reaction score
Let me know! I’m interested heavily in more scenic locations especially.
I really depends on how far you want to drive. I would say the State Parks offer a more scenic experience but you might give up some amenities. If you are looking for something close I like White Pines State Park in Oregon. Although I am not sure if they offer water/electric. If you can stomach the traffic and the people Wisconsin Dells is a great area to camp. No joke like over a dozen State Parks within a hours drive. OR if you like tourist shit you will find anything you want. One of the most memorable campgrounds I've been do was right on Lake Huron. It had a great view of the Mackinac Bridge. Looking at maps looks like it might have been Straits State Park.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Setup to go camping again this weekend, have an outdoor portable grill now and tons of other camping essentials and creature comforts.

Tons and tons of amazon boxes

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
install one. takes 30 seconds. didn't even run electric to mine, just slap a jump pack on it and run.
The comes with how much I'm willing to drop on this cheap thrill before I bury myself in it vs buying something newer and nicer

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom