3800 DHP FTMFW

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Got my DHP and my FWI in today. FWI was a bitch (lack of proper cutting tools) but well worth it. That's not the point. This is the happiest I've felt about my car in a long time. Trans. problem is gone. That half-assed ZZP PCM was the problem the whole time. I should just eat the core charge so I can drive up to Mi. and throw it through Zoomer's front window. I went through 2 of their PCM's and they both sucked. DHP managed to get it right on the first try. Imagine that. Now I just need some suspension work, my DP finally installed, and a new hood and this thing's good to go. wOOt!!!!!

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
So I scanned a bit. My peak KR went from a tad over 6 before (ouch, I know) to a tick over 4. I only see that 4 once or twice in a run for brief sec. Most of the time it stays below 3, with a good chunk actually being less than 1. Not the greatest but way better than it was before. It seems to run out of fuel a bit up top (o2 drops to around 905-910) so I think I'll change my fuel filter again and run some injector cleaner just to make sure that that's all kosher. I imagine my DP will knock a couple degrees off I hope, but I don't think it'll be enough to get me to pulley dropping status. It's also entirely possible that my vibration is throwing some false KR into the mix too, so once I get that taken care of I may be okay, we'll see. Provided nothing goes wrong I plan on getting the vibration finally taken care of, the DP on, and replacing my clunking ass rear sway bar links before the end of the month. Then it's time for a hood. And a special T.Y. to Mike for getting me parts that actually, you know, work.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
DHP PCMs offer no options whereas ZZP and Intense PCMs offer many options, allowing you to get a customized PCM of sorts. After Intense' initial excess timing issue they've not really had any problems. The ZZP transmission issue has been ongoing though.

DHP is still the best if that one canned tune will work for you.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Unfortunetely I had the same problem..I Had DHP and kept getting some random misfire codes that I didnt get with the stock pcm. Although the dhp felt ok I just decided to give zzp a shot and nothing but shifting issues even after getting a replacement. I should have just kept the dhp. I dont even care anymore as this car is should be gone by next spring or maybe sooner. Anyone wanna buy a zzp pcm? :D

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Oh yeah, thats another thing. Ever since I biught the car it always had an unexplainable misfire in cyl 4 only at idle. I was leaning towards the coil pack, but since I put in the DHP that seems to be gone now too. It was there with the stock and both ZZP PCM's, but the DHP appears to have made it go away. At least for now. The only other change was the FWI and I don't see that fixing a misfire.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
You will be very happy with the Autolites, do it sooner. Also remove your coil packs and check for corrosion underneath. And plug wires are important as well. I would personally shy away from the drilled thermo, but that is just my opinion.

Motor mounts? Stock?

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Plug wires are new. So are the plugs. I changed them when I first bought the car not knowing about the autolite thing. That's why I don't want to change them again just yet. Not in a big hury to deal with that crap again LOL. I've had no problems with the drilled stat. Stock one will go back in for winter. Good thought about the coil packs, I'll check that out. Motor mounts are stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info