DHP for Win11, 7440 ECM upgrade, and swapping tunes for free!

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I think I found the file database in the shared google drive at 60degreev6.com. I just don't really understand what I'm supposed to do with it yet.
1642175254617.png

Reactions: sktchy

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I made this much worse.
1642474991419.png

I don't know what I did, but this is what I see whenever I open DHP now. I tried removing and reinstalling it a couple times, and the same thing happens. The only good news is that I think I know how to update the database. Clicking on the little registrations entries file seems to do the whole thing for you. It's just no help with a useless PowrTuner.

• Sad

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Go into regedit and see if there's any stray keys etc. that it's leaving that you need to clean up. Also when you uninstall see if it leaves any files in the directory and clear those out too.
I had to google what regedit is, so this should go well... ? I actually still have no idea what you're talking about. I'm a dumbass around computers.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I couldn't find the problem. Last ditch efforts went toward starting over on my Win11 laptop.

So far. Everything is installed. The database is updated, and everything is slower but working. I'm currently waiting on my first full read (without an unsupported file claim) to complete. Unfortunately though, it's for the Century PCM. The Camaro file is still "unsupported" so I can only save an encrypted bin file. Oddly, I can still play with it in Thingy, but that doesn't help me here. Tiny was able to confirm my OSID, but that's it.

Closer, but still not there.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Last post for the night. When I open the Century file on DHP, it now shows up as a '99 Camaro. Hooray? My guess is that's close enough to to make the entire swap via HPT with credits.

Let's say I decide to give up and go that route. Should I just be able to load my dyno tune as-read from HP tuners into the "Century" ECM without issue? I would think it would be okay. Then again, who knows what stupid things GM might have changed between '99 and '02. I don't think HP has any way of making the OSs match either.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Any other ideas of how to accomplish my end goal? I don't even care if I have to buy HP credits anymore. I'm think I'm screwed unless I buy a 7440 that's actually from an '02 Camaro. Short term, I think I'm going to put the Century bin back on this thing and return it to the Ebay seller. Afterall, he DID say that this was for an '02 Camaro which was incorrect.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I've had no issues swapping os's back and forth from camaro dbc to firebird dbw and back between I believe a 2396 and a 7440 pcm. But it was done through hpt and I had both vins unlocked prior. In my experience I didn't really see any difference when going to a 7440 pcm but I believe as long as you have a po4 capable pcm you should be able to swap whatever os and Vin you'd like onto it as long as your willing to pay for credits

Reactions: v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I've had no issues swapping os's back and forth from camaro dbc to firebird dbw and back between I believe a 2396 and a 7440 pcm. But it was done through hpt and I had both vins unlocked prior. In my experience I didn't really see any difference when going to a 7440 pcm but I believe as long as you have a po4 capable pcm you should be able to swap whatever os and Vin you'd like onto it as long as your willing to pay for credits
I gotcha. That would be stellar. At that rate, I'd just sell the DHP. I don't think I have any use for it. Even if the ecm swap doesn't do anything, I'd like to rule it out. These knock sensors don't look easy to change.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Knock sensors themselves aren't bad, iirc the passenger side one has a shield and is kinda tight down by the motor mount. 7/8 wrench and they just screw out.

I got tired of dhp quick the extra tables aren't super necessary for us fbody guys anyway unless there's somethin I'm missing.

As far as swapping pcms if I can figure it out I'm sure you can do it no problem. I may try and put my 7440 back in, got some .4s and .6s in the 3600 and 4k cells that are irritating me and shouldn't be there on e85 at all.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Knock sensors themselves aren't bad, iirc the passenger side one has a shield and is kinda tight down by the motor mount. 7/8 wrench and they just screw out.

I got tired of dhp quick the extra tables aren't super necessary for us fbody guys anyway unless there's somethin I'm missing.

As far as swapping pcms if I can figure it out I'm sure you can do it no problem. I may try and put my 7440 back in, got some .4s and .6s in the 3600 and 4k cells that are irritating me and shouldn't be there on e85 at all.
.4 and .6 degrees kr? I think we were seeing 5-6 degrees.

Good to know that the knock sensors are fairly simple to get to. I don't think mine had a shield.... Maybe that's the real reason I have problems. Dynamat?

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I've thought about dynamat to isolate them but you'd have to have something that would be heat-resistant as well I would think. 5 to 6 degrees sounds to me like an issue mechanically or tunewise. What fuel are you running and what else have you done recently? Any idea on where your at with timing and afrs?

The .4 and .6 normally wouldn't bother me but it does when running e85 as knock doesn't generally show on corn until it's too late from what I've seen. It also leads me to believe it's false due to the rpm it presents itself and the amount of timing I have loaded in it at the moment.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
It's on E85 and this is the same old false knock problem I've had since 2020. The sensors have been turned off since it was put on the dyno because Brian couldn't make the KR go away. Given all that I've done since then, I might have fixed it already. Shitty engine mounts can cause false knock. I've never tried turning them back on or anything like that since the dyno day. I don't even know how. lol All this effort is just to give Brian better hardware to work with when I return to the dyno with a new cam. He didn't request that I come back with a ton of things, but new knock sensors was part of the short list. I figured I'd be proactive and get a known better ECM too.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Ah ha, yeah your knock sensors have settings of their own but it's not something I've really dug into playing with. I just unhook em if I don't want em ? there's alot of things I've found that can cause false kr but it's not terribly complicated to see if it's real or not. 5 or 6 degrees on e85 I'd think a piston would tell you rather quickly

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info