TV Dexter

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
I know everyone pretty much loves this show, but I didn't see a thread here for it. The wife and I started it a couple weeks ago since its on Netflix. We are like 5 episodes into the second season. Its OK so far, but I wouldn't call it great. The first season espically seemed pretty low budget which is surprising since its a showtime show. Some of the acting was really bad. Some of that has gotten better in the second season thankfully.

I like it, and will stick with it but I expected more given all the praise I always see for this show. Maybe it really takes off in a later season? There are plenty of great shows that have rough first/second seasons (The Office). Where are the Dexter mega fans at?!

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I enjoyed watching Dexter when it was still airing, the wife and I binged watched it a few years later and still enjoyed it. During the last few months we tried to start it up again and realized how dated it was and it didn't have the same allure. I've noticed that with other shows that are older.

Regardless of how dated the show is, the concept of the show is still pretty original even to this day.

Reactions: Broke EF

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
I enjoyed watching Dexter when it was still airing, the wife and I binged watched it a few years later and still enjoyed it. During the last few months we tried to start it up again and realized how dated it was and it didn't have the same allure. I've noticed that with other shows that are older.

Regardless of how dated the show is, the concept of the show is still pretty original even to this day.
That may be a better way to put it. It seems dated, but it is a great premise for sure. I think I may read the books to see how it compares.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I watched it several years ago. Rewatching it now with my wife who was slow to get into it. Approaching the end of the 1st season (Ice Truck Killer). I told her the season with John Lithgow is the highlight, so she's sticking with it. It did come out in 2006, so it certainly is a bit dated with regard to some of the technology. I still enjoy rewatching it now, though. Oh, and I named my dog Dexter in part due to this show. :giggle:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Loved this show when it was on, but I've also been a bit hesitant to go back to it because I wasn't sure how well it would hold up. At the time it came out it was unlike anything else that was on tv. This show definitely had its ups and downs, but overall was a pretty entertaining show. That final scene tho.......oy.........

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Welp, today should be the day. Just have the final episode left. I dont like what they did with Deb. She should have gotten a happy ending busting the brain surgeon, back with Quin, and become Lieutenant again. Oh well. It was better than some shows, not as good as others. Now I can say I've seen it.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
We already knew what we were in for. Hard not to spoil a show that ended so long ago. I have seen worse endings, but they could have done a lot better. The wife thinks he was trying to kill himself, and it was an accident that he lived. I think it was all planned to disappear. Still mostly upset that they did that to Deb in the end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info