TV Dexter

Broke EF

Reaction score
I know everyone pretty much loves this show, but I didn't see a thread here for it. The wife and I started it a couple weeks ago since its on Netflix. We are like 5 episodes into the second season. Its OK so far, but I wouldn't call it great. The first season espically seemed pretty low budget which is surprising since its a showtime show. Some of the acting was really bad. Some of that has gotten better in the second season thankfully.

I like it, and will stick with it but I expected more given all the praise I always see for this show. Maybe it really takes off in a later season? There are plenty of great shows that have rough first/second seasons (The Office). Where are the Dexter mega fans at?!

cap42

Restoration Hell
Reaction score
I enjoyed watching Dexter when it was still airing, the wife and I binged watched it a few years later and still enjoyed it. During the last few months we tried to start it up again and realized how dated it was and it didn't have the same allure. I've noticed that with other shows that are older.

Regardless of how dated the show is, the concept of the show is still pretty original even to this day.

OP
B

Broke EF

Reaction score
I enjoyed watching Dexter when it was still airing, the wife and I binged watched it a few years later and still enjoyed it. During the last few months we tried to start it up again and realized how dated it was and it didn't have the same allure. I've noticed that with other shows that are older.

Regardless of how dated the show is, the concept of the show is still pretty original even to this day.
That may be a better way to put it. It seems dated, but it is a great premise for sure. I think I may read the books to see how it compares.

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
I watched it several years ago. Rewatching it now with my wife who was slow to get into it. Approaching the end of the 1st season (Ice Truck Killer). I told her the season with John Lithgow is the highlight, so she's sticking with it. It did come out in 2006, so it certainly is a bit dated with regard to some of the technology. I still enjoy rewatching it now, though. Oh, and I named my dog Dexter in part due to this show. :giggle:

OP
B

Broke EF

Reaction score
BTW, watch Mindhunters if you haven't already. Probably much more up your alley than Dexter.
I was on that right away! I heard murder, and Fincher, and I was IN! I hope they come back and make more. The were set up well for season 3 and BTK.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Loved this show when it was on, but I've also been a bit hesitant to go back to it because I wasn't sure how well it would hold up. At the time it came out it was unlike anything else that was on tv. This show definitely had its ups and downs, but overall was a pretty entertaining show. That final scene tho.......oy.........

Atomicles

Reaction score
Great show. There's a storyline in the last season that I didn't like, and then the ending kinda sucked. But it's worth watching it all IMO

OP
B

Broke EF

Reaction score
We finished up season 3 last night. The start of season 3 was kind of slow. The wife and I were both not all that interested at the start. It started to pick up though and the last few were really good. I am excited for season 4 :D

Sean

OP
B

Broke EF

Reaction score
Season 4 was OK, I expected more from Trinity. I already knew that Rita died, but I was hoping the timing was different. I wanted Dexter to find her, and then go into a rage or something.

So far I like season 5 better with Julia Stiles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom