Detroit Car Scene?

Lights Out Chitown

Reaction score
So obviously this forum is Chicago based... but I'm living in Auburn Hills for the next few months while I am doing an internship with Chrysler! Anyone live in Detroit previously, and know where the car meets are at? I hear Woodward is popular for cruising, but more looking to meet up with some fellow car enthusiasts!

keitho64

Reaction score
If you haven’t gone to Milan Dragway check it out. When i was working in Detroit I’d head there. It is wild when you see Cars with manufacture plates tearing up the 1/4 mile.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Be careful on Woodward. The towns along it patrol pretty heavily, especially Royal Oak. So don't do stupid shit on it.

Otherwise, I'm usually only out there every year for the dream cruise and everyone is having something. Obviously the dream cruise, back to the bricks up in Flint if I recall, Gratiot, etc, etc. Otherwise not sure what else during the remainder of the year.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
I have no idea, but I used to have to go to the Chrysler HQ and Chelsea Proving Grounds occasionally at my last job. Hopefully you get to visit the proving grounds. I loved going there.

I'm sure you'll meet plenty of gearheads at work. Ask around and find out where the hang out spots are.

OP
Lights Out Chitown

Lights Out Chitown

Reaction score
I figure I'll hit Milan sometime soon! As far as woodward goes, I won't be getting myself into any trouble, all I got is my boring daily out here, don't think I could do much with 160hp haha Definitely want to hit the dream cruise, just not sure if I'll be staying as college starts back up the week after, and I'd rather not be moving in the day of... Unfortunately I probably won't be at the proving grounds, as I do work on our WiTECH scantool, still get to see some cool camo and m-plated cars though! Thanks for the suggestions guys, trying to make the most of my time out here in the Motor City!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom