Detroit Auto Show could be like Goodwood Festival of Speed

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
In 2020, the show that was typically in January is moving to June, the weekend after the Detroit Grand Prix.

https://naias.com/press/news/transf...r-the-north-american-international-auto-show/

Hosting the show in June sets the stage for exhibitors to conduct dynamic outdoor experiential brand activations, immersing and engaging the media and consumers in memorable product experiences. A sampling of outdoor experiential activities might include:

Dynamic Vehicle Debuts
Ride and Drives
Autonomous/Automated Driving
Off-Road Challenges

If you're not familiar, here's Goodwood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuGeswNLrOc

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
The auto shows need a shake up, especially Chicago.

I was at the Detroit Auto Show last year, and I honestly could've sworn I was at the Chicago Auto Show. There seemed to be no obvious difference.

But yes, autoshows have become way too boring...even the "test drives" they conduct in the hall are lame, because no one wants to wait 4 fucking hours to have someone else drive the car over some bumpy path or down a 50m "drag strip".

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
each year it seems like the indoor "interactive driving experiences" keep growing bigger, and the displays keep getting smaller. Why not expand all that stuff outdoors, with actual real road experiences. NOPE we got people waiting in line like its Great America for the "Camry Thrill Ride" :rofl:. Who goes to an autoshow to wait hours to experience a Camry thrill ride....go on any highway and get stuck behind one in the left lane at 55mph. There is your Camry thrill ride.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info