Detroit Auto Show could be like Goodwood Festival of Speed

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
In 2020, the show that was typically in January is moving to June, the weekend after the Detroit Grand Prix.

https://naias.com/press/news/transformational-move-announced-for-the-north-american-international-auto-show/

Hosting the show in June sets the stage for exhibitors to conduct dynamic outdoor experiential brand activations, immersing and engaging the media and consumers in memorable product experiences. A sampling of outdoor experiential activities might include:

Dynamic Vehicle Debuts
Ride and Drives
Autonomous/Automated Driving
Off-Road Challenges
If you're not familiar, here's Goodwood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuGeswNLrOc

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
The auto shows need a shake up, especially Chicago.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
I'm okay, lets have an Auto-show where you can run a city course.

The only stock class that could finish the course would be the Raptor class due to the pot holes.

ragingclue

Donating Member
Reaction score
It'd be cool if they could set up the old city street circuit, the one F1 used to run. I can't believe they actually were able to run there without the cars disintegrating within a couple laps.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
The auto shows need a shake up, especially Chicago.
I was at the Detroit Auto Show last year, and I honestly could've sworn I was at the Chicago Auto Show. There seemed to be no obvious difference.

But yes, autoshows have become way too boring...even the "test drives" they conduct in the hall are lame, because no one wants to wait 4 fucking hours to have someone else drive the car over some bumpy path or down a 50m "drag strip".

radioguy6

Reaction score
each year it seems like the indoor "interactive driving experiences" keep growing bigger, and the displays keep getting smaller. Why not expand all that stuff outdoors, with actual real road experiences. NOPE we got people waiting in line like its Great America for the "Camry Thrill Ride" :rofl:. Who goes to an autoshow to wait hours to experience a Camry thrill ride....go on any highway and get stuck behind one in the left lane at 55mph. There is your Camry thrill ride.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom