• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical Calculating Fuel Efficiency at Different RPMs for WOT

OmniGLH

Regular
Apr 24, 2013
Huntley
Ok this is gonna be the most technical group of people I know in one place.

A question I am trying to answer is: If an engine burns "x" amount of fuel per minute (lbs, gal, whatever) at 6500rpm and WOT... how much fuel is burned per minute at 5500 and WOT? Or 7500 and WOT?

What things would you say are necessary information to have, to at least give a rough estimate on how to answer this question? Dyno curve? MAF plot against RPM? MAF vs. HP/torque?

Basically... when we had our tuner on staff (pro racing team) throughout a race weekend he would make suggestions for shift points at various points throughout the stint to try to stretch out fuel consumption based on how much longer we really needed the car to run before we pit. We no longer bring him with us to every event (private contractor) and he's not going to share his secret sauce. I'm kinda trying to reverse-engineer what/how he did what he did, at least to a rough degree. i.e. if the driver regularly runs their shifts out to 7500.... how much fuel might we save (or burn extra) by shifting at 6500, all other things equal?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info