đź’¦ Detailing Detailing crew - Hydrosilex reviews?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I have no experience with it but some major shops use it.
It's said to last up to 6 months. Sonax Spray and seal and Any silica based spray coatings like CarPro reload also say 3-6 months depending on the "base coat."

obviously if there is an existing coating, then these products help prolong those coatings.
Gyeon offers Can Coat which may be a step above a silica spray sealant / coating booster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7GusiVWmvI

AWDCD3

Addict
May 31, 2015
Carol Stream, Il
A friend of mine applied it to his Abarth two months ago.
He was impressed with the looks and ease of application. Not sure about the longevity as of yet.
fe7ca871d626a1033814895d5c4fc195.jpg
093ad22f896c9db324563fd4cf0f9b0e.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Took awhile to get the product after the first Amazon vendor delayed the shipment causing me to eventually cancel and reorder.

Before application I took the truck to a simple Fast Eddie's car wash. :rofl:. Honestly, if I had the time to hand wash it I would have. Then I applied the Hydrosilex product on all the painted surfaces with a few different microfiber towels to prevent over applying or streaking. It was VERY easy to apply and get a clean looking surface. The feel of the paint definitely changes for the better and had a polished feel.

It has rained a few times since and I would say that water beading is quite well. I have yet to wash the truck again since but after a ride to Crivitz last week, she's ready for a wash.

I am predicting that the product will last through a few washes based on beading quality over a few rains and how well and dust and debris naturally washes off.

Comparing to a product like Duragloss, I personally feel Hydrosilex to be a superior product! :bigthumb:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info