• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Detailing crew - Hydrosilex reviews?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What's up TCG! Anyone in our crew used this spray hybrid wax product called Hydrosilex? Any reviews to share?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
[MENTION=112]ktraver97ss[/MENTION], [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION], [MENTION=344]Gav'sPurpleZ[/MENTION], [MENTION=8716]Understated Detailing[/MENTION]

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with it but some major shops use it.
It's said to last up to 6 months. Sonax Spray and seal and Any silica based spray coatings like CarPro reload also say 3-6 months depending on the "base coat."

obviously if there is an existing coating, then these products help prolong those coatings.
Gyeon offers Can Coat which may be a step above a silica spray sealant / coating booster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7GusiVWmvI

greasy

I Haz New Teknologee
Reaction score
No experience with either. When looking for good reviews on new products I usually look on the Autogeek detailing forums.

AWDCD3

Reaction score
A friend of mine applied it to his Abarth two months ago.
He was impressed with the looks and ease of application. Not sure about the longevity as of yet.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That video and the pics of the Abarth were good enough. I'll order 32oz and see how it goes. Looks like decent results with MINIMAL effort. I like this! :rofl:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think mine will show up tomorrow. Too bad that it's going to rain all weekend.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Took awhile to get the product after the first Amazon vendor delayed the shipment causing me to eventually cancel and reorder.

Before application I took the truck to a simple Fast Eddie's car wash. :rofl:. Honestly, if I had the time to hand wash it I would have. Then I applied the Hydrosilex product on all the painted surfaces with a few different microfiber towels to prevent over applying or streaking. It was VERY easy to apply and get a clean looking surface. The feel of the paint definitely changes for the better and had a polished feel.

It has rained a few times since and I would say that water beading is quite well. I have yet to wash the truck again since but after a ride to Crivitz last week, she's ready for a wash.

I am predicting that the product will last through a few washes based on beading quality over a few rains and how well and dust and debris naturally washes off.

Comparing to a product like Duragloss, I personally feel Hydrosilex to be a superior product! :bigthumb:

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I just read the reviews on detailed image and they are awesome reviews

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom