• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Detail brahs, is rim wax snake oil?

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
I would agree with Gav'sPurpleZ Gav'sPurpleZ on Chemical guys. highly marketed product and not a high quality product as I have purchased lots of their stuff in years past. I personally would recommend a spray type of ceramic coating for the wheels. I have used Gtechiq and Adams ceramic coating as both have given great results. There are tons of products out there that's for sure.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

AngelWhite_ST

Regular
Jul 20, 2015
Real Name
TJ
Agreed. Their wheel wax is just "wax" for wheels. As you can imagine it will get dirty after a while. I too recommend a ceramic coating for the wheels. If not dedicated to the cost and time associated with ceramic coating even for wheels, something as simple as these following products will work:

Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax
McKees 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 coating
Milwaukee Muscle Ceramic Wax
Adams Graphene coating
CK Quartz Dlux for wheels
Gtechniq C5 wheel armor
GYEON Q2 Rim/Wheel coating

I do have experience with the top three products. The Meguiars HCW, McKee's 37 and Milwaukee Muscle give really great results on the paint and has a lot of beading and lasts about a few months if not maintained at all in a majority of the areas.

I've seen pretty damn good results with the Adams Graphene coating. But the new products from Meguiars and Turtle Wax will do just fine for your wheels if you like something to do. If not, definately get a ceramic coating mentioned above.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
The C5 wheel armor is great. It’s been on my daily driver summer wheels for going on two seasons and just now starting to see its protection fade a bit. I hit it with car pro HydrO2 light every few washes and it’s back to hydrophobic. I plan on stripping and coating them again next spring. All I use to clean them most of the time is regular car wash soap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info