So0oo it's been a year.

Bought with 108k, now has 123k.

I've done fluids
Several oil changes and samples
Plugs and coils
Heater control motor
Brakes
Tires

Good and bad, mostly good, I love the car.

Pretty poor mpgs, I feel I was Running GTP 2 more days longer before fill up. I am also filling up religiously at 1/4 cause I'm scared of direct injection.

Heated seats are nowhere near the strength of GTPs... GTPs basically burnt you out of them. These take 10-15 mins to feel warm.

AWD has more than proofed itself once it was paired with good tires. Felt way safer in this car doing high speed inclimate weather maneuvers.

Love it.

giphy.gif

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Our SHO mpg’s are kaakaa too. I recall our 2007 Hemi powered Chrysler Aspen getting better mpg’s on the highway. Perhaps it’s an Ecoboost thing. My Expedition has the same motor as our SHO’s and it gets the same mpg’s and sometimes better than our SHO.

I think our seats work pretty good. My Expy works a bit better. I do love the heated steering wheel in our SHO. It warms up pretty fast and gets damn warm. I thought I recall reading somewhere that we can make our seats and steering wheel even hotter using the Forscan tool????

Reactions: DEEZUZ
Our SHO mpg’s are kaakaa too. I recall our 2007 Hemi powered Chrysler Aspen getting better mpg’s on the highway. Perhaps it’s an Ecoboost thing. My Expedition has the same motor as our SHO’s and it gets the same mpg’s and sometimes better than our SHO.

I think our seats work pretty good. My Expy works a bit better. I do love the heated steering wheel in our SHO. It warms up pretty fast and gets damn warm. I thought I recall reading somewhere that we can make our seats and steering wheel even hotter using the Forscan tool????

eGoboost gets bettaaas mileage than v8s dOoo

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
I am also filling up religiously at 1/4 cause I'm scared of direct injection.

What's there to be scared of? The low pressure side of DI is exactly like PFI (electric in tank pump). It won't starve the high pressure pump if gets too low. And I'd doubt it would hurt anything anyway. I've never heard of anyone having an issue with this on a SHO.

I can't see a tune hurting longevity significantly. It's been well proven these drivetrains can handle mild aftermarket tunes. Some people have timing chain wear issues, so I run synthetic oil, but that's only thing I do differently.

I'd also run E30. 5 gallons of flex fuel and top off with 93. I get 18 mpg, which is a about the same as my Regals GS - but this is so much nicer a car.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
My cans are always more of a milk chocolate color, presumably because we don’t travel super far for work.

Milkly looking is because it trapped mostly water. Just like when someone blows a head gasket and the coolant turns the crankcase oil into milk chocolate. If you drove further, the crankcase would get hotter and cook the water off. You'll see they trap more water in the winter.

Thread Info