giphy.gif

@raresvt

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
My brakes were shitty AF on my MKT too, I also could stand on the pedal with both feet and not activate the ABS, even after I did the powerstop pads/rotors. It looks like you may have the PP brakes, if I recall my front rotors were only around 12", and the PP brakes were closer to 14".

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Also I don't understand you guys trying to engage ABS.... if you're standing on the brakes and the tires aren't skidding then you're fine... ABS is for when the wheels are locking up uncontrollably....
Because you should be able to lock up the tires on dry pavement.... I can do this with the other 5 cars in my collection, including my 2004 252k mile Camry :ROFLMAO:

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
I did select NON PP when ordering front rotors...
Hmmm, maybe all SHO's had upgraded brakes over the exploder, MKZ, MKT, Flex, etc., but I recall Kensington Kensington and I bitching about the brakes on his Flex and my MKT back in 2016 and how the SHO PP brakes were a bolt on upgrade for us, so I assumed the regular SHO would have the same brakes we did. :unsure: Shit, your front rotors are as big as my Brembo rotors.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Hmmm, maybe all SHO's had upgraded brakes over the exploder, MKZ, MKT, Flex, etc., but I recall Kensington Kensington and I bitching about the brakes on his Flex and my MKT back in 2016 and how the SHO PP brakes were a bolt on upgrade for us, so I assumed the regular SHO would have the same brakes we did. :unsure: Shit, your front rotors are as big as my Brembo rotors.

Yeah, the front brakes on his SHO are the same that I upgraded to (was only about $500 to upgrade the fronts, all in, and that was only a little over $200 more than just new rotors and pads....the calipers are dirt cheap). They're sizeable rotors, but they're still 2 piston floating calipers...where the SHO probably gets the most benefit is from the updated master cylinder.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
2013 and after have the same rotors with the PP or not. The performance package isn't that big of a deal - unless you want to make you car sound super special. You'll see guys posting about which tail light bulbs they need for their "SHO with PP".

An optional Performance Package offers better brake pads, recalibrated steering, a "Sport Mode" for the stability control, additional cooling capacity, engine oil cooler, transmission cooler, PTU cooler, a shorter 3.16 to 1 final drive ratio, summer tires, spare tire delete, mobility kit (tire inflator with sealant), an Alcantara wrapped steering wheel, and will not offer adaptive cruise control.

The extra cooling might be useful if you road race your car, otherwise, meh.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Reactions: DEEZUZ

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
If you don’t get the ABS pulse in the brakes, there’s braking potential left on the table. The Flex couldn’t get the ABS going in the rain before I upgraded.

I just really don't believe this...... The abs does not apply more pressure, it just applys it 100x faster than you can.... Pulsating abs will not slow a car more than you standing on the brakes and NOT sliding.

Now if your tires are sliding then yes abs helps stop...

Thread Info