General Information

20200311_184946.jpg

20200410_215933.jpg
20200331_071845.jpg
20200316_180832.jpg

giphy.gif

@raresvt
Jul 31, 2014
It's stupid easy to make these chirp...the factory BOV's just recirc into the intake. You cap the intake pipe where the BOV hose was and hose clamp a duck call or train whistle or whatever you want.
I'm aware. I owned a 13 SHO for a couple years. Venting the valves was the first thing I did. I put duck calls on both of them for a few days. The looks from people were great. Kinda want to put one on the f150.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

In a MAF car, it creates a sudden rich condition when shifting/when the BOV opens, it's lost pre-metered air, whereas recirc'ing, it gets put right back into the intake post-MAF.

On a MAP car, like the EcoBoost, it shouldn't matter, because the MAP sensor is reading manifold pressure instead of measuring airflow.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
A lot of 6th gen Camaro guys install aftermarket oil catch cans too. But I also heard some dealerships void the warranty because of those. So. Fuck it for now.
You should really put one on the Charger. Usually first mod I do on all my Mopars.
Look up Billet Technology

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego

That's mostly water. It will catch more water when it's cold out. Water won't hurt anything.

I think the internet way over-reacts to the PTU thing. Some guys change it will every oil change will is silly, IMO. If Ford's "lifetime" fluid breaks down and looks more like dirt than oil, then the PTU is toast. But if you change it occasionally and the fluid you take out is still liquidly, I bet everything's OK.

Unless your PTU has a drain plug, getting all of the oil out is difficult. Change what you can and don't stress about it. If you flush it with diesel, makes sure you can get it all out. I can only get about 8 ounces out of mine without a drain plug.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Yeah I assumed it was never done. There didn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason to the failures and non-failures, even guys that were doing services still had failures, and other guys hasn’t done anything and lasted 200k.
That's mostly water. It will catch more water when it's cold out. Water won't hurt anything.

I think the internet way over-reacts to the PTU thing. Some guys change it will every oil change will is silly, IMO. If Ford's "lifetime" fluid breaks down and looks more like dirt than oil, then the PTU is toast. But if you change it occasionally and the fluid you take out is still liquidly, I bet everything's OK.

Unless your PTU has a drain plug, getting all of the oil out is difficult. Change what you can and don't stress about it. If you flush it with diesel, makes sure you can get it all out. I can only get about 8 ounces out of mine without a drain plug.

I was back under there today to install a new vent on the PTU. I've never seen this style vent, it's a tube. All the others I've seen are the typical crushed stamped metal cap.. Hmm... Wonder if this is a reman unit already being the fact the fluid that came out was very ok and this new vent

Thread Info